Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MFG: Talicor
#of Players: 2+
Age Range: 8+

Overall Construction: This is a dice game and there aren't many details to worry about. In the box which is laid out well contains 6 special dice which if rolled enough times(especially off the table) the faces will begin to chip. The note pad an pencil are pretty standard but I do believe that to play this game by the rules it has you might want to use a calculator (I'll explain later). The rules are nice and compact and fit in the box well.

Gameplay: So KOR is a dice game where each individual is a trucker and your goal is to be the first trucker to drive 6000 miles. Each of the dice have different symbols on them. 3 sides will have different mile ranges. The other 3 sides have a Stop Sign, U-turn, & . On each players turn they will roll all 6 dice. You will continue rolling them until you get 3 of the same special symbols. For instance, if you get 3 Stop Signs your turn completely ends. If you roll 3 U-turns you have a chance to effect an opposing players mileage by passing the dice to them. When a player gets passed the dice because of a U-turn any miles the get are actually subtracted from their score. Just like a regular turn the U-turn roller will continue rolling until they get 3 special faces. At that point they follow whatever the dice tell them to do. The 3rd side is Dead End. When you hit a dead end you loose all of your points aquired this turn. Again, play continues until one player reaches 6000pts.

Yes/No Recommend: KOR is a very portable game that you can play anywhere you have a surface to roll the dice on. It can help pass the time well and can help teach children high digit addition & subtraction.
This may just be the way my group and I play, but after we got a rules clarification from Keith at Talicor we found it loads of fun hitting U-turns and knocking each other from the top position.
Lastly, because this is a dice game it has the distinct advantage of being mostly random so it has plenty of replay value.

Where To Get It: Well since this is a Talicor product you will most likely find it in an educational store. You can check your local game and hobby shop for it. If they don't have it on the shelf you can always ask if they will order it for you. Also, you can order it directly from their website at http://talicor.com/t/categories/party-games/p/kor-dice-game .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.