Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Dimitroff
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Right now I am feeling very: turbed, pirited, heveled, combobulated, and not tinguished, so don't you dare "dis" me!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the "zero" cards is called the Pond.

The directions state:
"Each explorer chooses a least one of the following options:
Drink
Wade Across the Pond
Avoid the Pond"

So can any one player decide to do:
-just one of the choices?
-any two of the choices?
-or all three choices?

Or are the directions really try to say:
"Each explorer must choose one of these actions"

======================
My friend and I disagreed about this.
He wanted to both "Drink" the pond and then "Wade" the pond.
For him, "choose at least" meant "choose 1 or more" [which makes sense mathematically, so I am not in total disagreement with him.]

However, I felt the card was just presenting each player with one individual choice. That is to say, each player had to choose something. The player could not just simply ignore the card.

Could a player pick all three?
It would make no sense to me to be able to both "wade the pond" and "avoid the pond". Of course, at the time, I was unable to formulate this thought to him.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dimitroff wrote:
One of the "zero" cards is called the pond.

The directions state:
Drink
Wade Across the Pond
Avoid the Pond"

-any two of the choices?
-or all three choices?

======================
For him, "choose at least" meant "choose 1 or more" [which makes sense mathematically, so I am not in total disagreement with him.]

However, I felt the card was just presenting each player with one individual choice. That is to say, each player had to choose something. The player could not just simply ignore the card.

It would make no sense to me to be able to both "wade the pond" and "avoid the pond". Of course, at the time, I was unable to formulate this thought to him.

What do you think?

Only one choice for each explorer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vicente
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pennincao wrote:
dimitroff wrote:
One of the "zero" cards is called the pond.

The directions state:
Drink
Wade Across the Pond
Avoid the Pond"

-any two of the choices?
-or all three choices?

======================

What do you think?

Only one choice for each explorer

I disagree. I own the Spanish version, where it clear states you may choose to do more than one.

The way I play it myself:
Choose whether you want to drink or not.
Then choose to either wade or avoid the pond.(It doesn't really make sense to do both).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Daviduve wrote:
I disagree. I own the Spanish version, where it clear states you may choose to do more than one.

The way I play it myself:
Choose whether you want to drink or not.
Then choose to either wade or avoid the pond.(It doesn't really make sense to do both).

I played it this way last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dimitroff
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Right now I am feeling very: turbed, pirited, heveled, combobulated, and not tinguished, so don't you dare "dis" me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up:

Can you choose all three options?

NO!

Reason:
1) It makes no sense to choose to "wade" the pond and "avoid" the pond.
Either you wade the pond or avoid it.

2) If you where to choose "drink" the pond and "wade" the pond, you can get sick under both options. If you get sick with either one of these choices, you must place your meeple on the camp as "sick", and use your other meeple on a rest space in the next round to release it. If per chance, you were to get sick on both "drink" and "wade", then you would lose both your meeples and be put into a completely untenable situation.

3) I guess one could pick "drink" and "avoid", but I have not yet fully explored this combination. So I do not know if there are any untenable results.

Therefore, I conclude that you cannot pick all three options, or even just two of them. You can only pick one option, despite the wording in English which would imply otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.