Subject: Does Queen Helga trigger herself? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Wester
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
This issue came up during a game earlier today, I checked the FAQ (2.1) and did a keyword search here and came up empty.

The FAQ seems to indicate that she can trigger her ability (question 2, page 20, specifically the last sentence: "However, entering play effects must be triggered during the action chain following the card entering play, and therefore cards with these abilities can target themselves.") The example card they used for their answer was Forest Goblins, a card I wasn't familiar with so I looked it up and it specifically states "Action: When this card enters play" on Forest Goblins.

Helga's ability, for reference, is stated as "Action: When a Hero enters play, do blah, blah, blah, blah."

So, long story short, (Too late) does she trigger herself or not? Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Squig
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
It's from a movie.
mbmbmbmb
I'd say so, based on the reason you gave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hall
United States
Marion
SC - South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep. Greatswords (when a unit enters this zone...) were always able to trigger themselves. Also, she'd be pretty darn awful if she wasn't guaranteed to work once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.