Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Dimitroff
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Right now I am feeling very: turbed, pirited, heveled, combobulated, and not tinguished, so don't you dare "dis" me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Two cards, which are part of the initial coast deck, have white circles instead of the normal yellow circles.

When these cards are drawn, where are they place?
-In one of the nine camp spaces?
-Next to the board with the camp spaces?
-Next to the player who drew the cards?

It would seem to me that the white circles indicate that they are "camp" cards and should be placed in one the nine camp spaces. Yet, they have different backs than the "camp" cards, which would indicate that they do not belong with the other "camp" cards.

We played the game as though they should be placed in one of the nine "camp" spaces.
Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dimitroff wrote:
Two cards, which are part of the initial coast deck, have white circles instead of the normal yellow circles.

When these cards are drawn, where are they place?
-In one of the nine camp spaces?
-Next to the board with the camp spaces?
-Next to the player who drew the cards?

It would seem to me that the white circles indicate that they are "camp" cards and should be placed in one the nine camp spaces. Yet, they have different backs than the "camp" cards, which would indicate that they do not belong with the other "camp" cards.

We played the game as though they should be placed in one of the nine "camp" spaces.
Is this correct?

I think your question was answered here

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1044685/base-camp-cards

So they are placed in base camp area after being drawn from initial coast deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dimitroff
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Right now I am feeling very: turbed, pirited, heveled, combobulated, and not tinguished, so don't you dare "dis" me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your response.
I think your answer agrees with me.

However, the link you provided does not seem to be relevant.
I already understand that those two cards start in the coast deck.

My question concerns the placement of these cards once they are drawn from the coast deck during a exploration.

The initial five cards are in the camp.
"A Fallen Tree" and "Vines" have already been shuffled into the coast deck.

A group of us are now on an exploration.
Someone draws "A Fallen Tree".
The card is now being activated.
Since it has a white circle, does it get placed:
-on one of the nine camp spaces?
-next to the camp board;
-next to the player who drew the card?

"A Fallen Tree" is covered with five wood, so it cannot just be discarded. It seems that it should be place with the other five camp cards once it has been drawn (activated) from the coast deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dimitroff wrote:
Thank you for your response.
I think your answer agrees with me.

However, the link you provided does not seem to be relevant.
I already understand that those two cards start in the coast deck.

My question concerns the placement of these cards once they are drawn from the coast deck during a exploration.

The initial five cards are in the camp.
"A Fallen Tree" and "Vines" have already been shuffled into the coast deck.

A group of us are now on an exploration.
Someone draws "A Fallen Tree".
The card is now being activated.
Since it has a white circle, does it get placed:
-on one of the nine camp spaces?
-next to the camp board;
-next to the player who drew the card?

"A Fallen Tree" is covered with five wood, so it cannot just be discarded. It seems that it should be place with the other five camp cards once it has been drawn (activated) from the coast deck.

I think you have it right... It goes with the other base camp cards after it is drawn from yellow coast deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vicente
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since a fallen tree does not say on the card to put it in the camp. And since you never place an action token on it to use it, we just set it aside with the wood tokens on it.

It doesn't seem like all the brown stripe white circle cards are intended to be put in camp. Else. Why do some say specifically to place them in the camp and others don't?

Of course it doesn't matter unless you run out of spaces. That's when it's obviously a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burning Hammer
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct.

Unless they say otherwise, all camp cards, the white circle ones, drawn off the exploration decks go straight to the camp base and can be used as the cards state.

You will get additional camp cards throughout the game, so many that 9 spaces won't be enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vicente
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
Since a fallen tree does not say on the card to put it in the camp. And since you never place an action token on it to use it, we just set it aside with the wood tokens on it.

It doesn't seem like all the brown stripe white circle cards are intended to be put in camp. Else. Why do some say specifically to place them in the camp and others don't?

Of course it doesn't matter unless you run out of spaces. That's when it's obviously a difference.

Yes, it is a big mistaken (in my opinion) that it doesn't read 'place them in the camp' on those cards, but they are are meant to go in the camp (said by the original Spanish editor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.