4 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions regarding Armor, also; Chain Lightning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Mighty
msg tools
mbmbmb

Hello all, Thanks in advance for the help!

1. Regarding a mage/creature with 3 armor..If a Darkfen Hydra with triplestrike attacks it, does the mage/creature get to apply its armor to EACH attack, or just the first one?
If it does get to apply its armor to all 3 attacks, is the Hydra then regarded as a "weaker" creature for its cost? only rolling 3 dice that could easily get absorbed by the armor seems week?

2. Who gets to determine the next target of Chain Lightning after the first target is hit? The Caster? Random?
If the caster determines the targets, what happens if I have a creature in range of the Chain Lightning, but I obviously don't want it to attack my own creature? Too bad for me? or can I say the spell "ended"?

Thanks All!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Armor is applied for each attack. So yes, a hydra attacking a 3 armor creature will have a rough time trying to damage it. But the hydra is great for picking off low armor creatures. And with the corrode ability in the new set coming out, it will add a lot of value to the hydra.

2) The caster makes all choices for the spell, and you do not have to target your own creatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Mighty
msg tools
mbmbmb
Great!

Thanks for the reply.

I guess that fen hydra would be a "weaker" creature considering its cost and Slow attribute? ie, I should probably spend my mana on a "better" creature?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hydra is good in the right context, teleporting it around helps against the slow, or make it fast.

Sometimes it's worth hitting your own creature to keep the chain going. I did it the other night cause I wanted to reach two more enemy creatures two zones away, my creature in between had to take one for the team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.