Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Mayday Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always sleeved my games with Ultra Pro sleeves, but I've found a website that has the 100ct Mayday Sleeves for $1.58 which is way, way cheaper than I can get the Ultra Pro sleeves ($4.99/100ct). However, I noticed that they are only 63.5mm x 88mm unlike the UP's that are 66mm x 91mm so I want to make sure that the cards will fit. Also, are they good sleeves? I've used a ton of other types back in my MtG days but not those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevan sumner
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Join us in June for Manitoba's longest-running game convention! www.prairiecon.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Mayday sleeves and they worked fine. Only about 1-2mm of space at the end if that impacts your opinion. Otherwise fit perfectly snug on the cards and fit well in the box too (lid can be fully closed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tanco
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Mayday Sleeves fit fine although the insert really isn't meant to hold sleeved cards so the edges of the sleeves tend to fold, which isn't noticeable at first, but can annoy people with OCD like me over time.

I also will say that as more and more expansions come out, your sleeved collection will not be able to fit in the base box. I have already moved my collection to a more manageable sized box that I can fit into my game bag and I am looking into purchasing better quality sleeves since the new box has more height.

A large card box is so much better for storage as they can be stacked onto other card boxes. Have you tried lying the Pathfinder Base Box on its side with all the cards arranged in their specific slots??? Total chaos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ive got bigger sleeves and i don't like it to much slack on the side to me makes it hard to handle and shuffle,

i'm downsizing to mayday sleeves which are the same size as you state, i checked that size with some Lotr lcg art sleeves i had same size and it feels much better with only 1 mm slack, only thing is you want say 1000 approx which is still expensive to cover the full set when it comes out

the bigger sleeves fit the box just so im hopefull for this size to fit much better

I got black mayday sleeves very snug and nice 63.5mm x 88mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved all of mine with Mayday premium sleeves (the ones that come in packs of 50)
Height wise they are fine as the cards only just fit in the sleeve. I did have a issue with a few of the sleeves being longer than others. Mayday can be pretty inconsistent from pack to pack

However once sleeved you will struggle to fit all the cards in. Even the base game + character pack without any adventure packs won't fit (blessings don't fit). The box insert is a terrible design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Wagner
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
Seriously ... I am a hardcore gamer.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
63.5mm x 88mm I don't think will work.

I am using ultrapro matte black sleeves and have just about 1mm of play all around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevan sumner
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Join us in June for Manitoba's longest-running game convention! www.prairiecon.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used 63.5mm x 88mm Maydays with no problems whatsoever. There was no tightness putting the cards in the sleeves, they fit perfectly with about 1mm free on all sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Scheepers
Netherlands
Veldhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the Ultra Pro 100pc 2 5/8x3 5/8 ones and I'm quite happy with them.
They cost me 99 eurocents for 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BCW deck guards for me. Heavy duty and very cost effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Wagner
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
Seriously ... I am a hardcore gamer.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frieque wrote:
I used 63.5mm x 88mm Maydays with no problems whatsoever. There was no tightness putting the cards in the sleeves, they fit perfectly with about 1mm free on all sides.

Any chance they are quoting internal dimensions instead of external or perhaps the size of cards they are rated for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevan sumner
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AiriusTorpora wrote:
frieque wrote:

Any chance they are quoting internal dimensions instead of external or perhaps the size of cards they are rated for?

No idea, just know they work. Six packs so far with no problems other than 2 sleeves with manufacturing defects that left them with extra plastic that I should be able to trim off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting me know they work. I just wish they came in opaque as I'm only 5 missions in, and the cards have pretty substantial wear on around 100 of them (especially the blessings for some odd reason). Not that it lets me know what cards are coming up, but I can forsee by the 3rd Adventure (2nd expansion) it will. I do feel stupid that I didn't check the site when I bought the game and add-on since I now have to pay $7 shipping I could have avoided if I'd gotten them at the same time.

Oh, and I know they won't fit in the box soon. I can get that fixed easily enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
****ing Mayday.

I resleeve my entire set in Mayday 7041s (63.5 by 88mm), as I was unhappy that the KMC Perfect Fit sleeves were a touch too tight. 7041s are a perfect fit, width-wise, to the extent that they are not easy to put on or take off but don't bow the cards like KMCs do; they are JUST long enough, length-wise. But of course the little sods behave poorly, taking in any greases or oils (from snacks or sweaty players' hands) and converting it to something akin to superglue. So, after just two sessions I decide that I can't be doing manually separating each sticky sleeve and wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol after every game, and ditch the 7041s. £16 down the drain.

I replace them with 12 packs of Mayday 7077s. 63.5 by 88mm. So, exactly the same size, right? Nope. The 7077s are slightly shorter (or appear to be, perhaps that's a function of them being thicker though) so the tops of the cards are level with - or slightly proud of - the sleeve. Width-wise they're not even close to a perfect fit, being too wide by a couple of mm. Too narrow I could have understood - the increased thickness of the sleeves thing. But too wide? OK, you say, 2mm is hardly worth losing hair over, but why the hooting-heck are two sets of sleeves, sold as being exactly the same width, so different? It's not a matter of a few rogue sleeves, or even a bad pack.

I knew I should have stuck to FFG (but I don't believe that any of their sleeves are a perfect fit width-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
I knew I should have stuck to FFG (but I don't believe that any of their sleeves are a perfect fit width-wise.

I used the FFG grey sleeves and they work fine. Plus, they don't start sticking together when it gets hot and muggy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved mine with the Mayday Premium Greens (63.5x88 that come 50 to a pack) because they are dirt cheap compared to everything else, and the premium ones are easy to shuffle. They aren't quite long enough, but get the job done. For nearly every other game I use Mayday's normal greens, (supposedly the same dimensions, but thinner and much less expensive), and cards kind of swim around in them. There is too much space on the sides and a lot more at the top, and they tend to bubble up away from the card when you're manipulating them. Better than not being sleeved, I suppose, but the premiums are much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup 63.5 x 88 Green maydays work just fine. The cards fit the sleeves nicely. The sleeved cards fit great in the slots, but of course when you start adding more cards the insert will have to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.