Subject: [DECK] Two all-in Kit builds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after this article came out and I decided to work with aggressive ice-disruption decks, I noticed that when the corp only has one rezzed piece of ice on each server, Kit is possibly the best identity in the game. I started working on this all-in decoder-only build that tries to keep the corp stuck in the early game and win before the Corp can establish stable multiple-ice servers. In tinkering with the deck, I found that the Datasucker/Atman combo was too strong not to include, especially in conjunction with Escher, which works so well with them. I've included that version afterward as an alternate (better) build while presenting this one that remains true to the original spirit of the all-in version that literally cannot break anything except code gates.

These decks probably aren't Tier 1, but they require significantly different in-game tactics from a lot of other decks, and can throw your opponent off if they're not expecting it. They're also similar to The Challenge in that they force you to run aggressively, and might similarly help new runners to start running from the beginning, because the knowledge that they literally cannot beat multiple-ice servers will surely scare them into playing aggressively. If you're looking for a neat, tricky runner deck that presents interesting puzzle-like in-game decisions and can catch people off guard, you'll have fun with these, but they probably won't win a regional tournament.

Kit Cyber-Cypher All-In Cheese
Event (26)
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Easy Mark [3]
3x Sure Gamble
3x Diesel
3x Tinkering
3x The Maker's Eye
3x Indexing
2x Quality Time
2x Scavenge
1x Kraken

Hardware (6)
3x Clone Chip
3x Lockpick

Program (13)
3x Cyber-Cypher
3x Crescentus [3]
3x Self-Modifying Code
2x Parasite [4]
2x False Echo

Mulliganing correctly is very important for this deck. Basically, you need either Cyber-Cypher or Self-Modifying Code. I'd only keep hands without one if they had multiple economy events and/or draw sources. Your goal is to win within the first five or six turns by slamming them with Indexing and The Maker's Eye. Remember, Kit's ability only works once per turn, not once per run; this is why we have Tinkering and Crescentus to let us push through a second and third time for Indexing accesses. Scavenge is there to reset Cyber-Cypher (great trick if they try to push through an agenda because they feel safe) or trade False Echoes for Parasites/Crescentus. Whenever they get a second non-code gate, you have to either Parasite or Crescentus or False Echo it, because the second ice blocks you out of a server completely (if it's ETR). Tinkering is an obvious all-star and basically reads "access a server of your choice." Lockpick is a secret economic all-star, and Clone Chip is just a great card overall:, it helps you not auto-lose to program destruction and lets you reset Cyber-Cypher by installing over it and then bringing it back. Kraken is bad, but this deck is the absolute best possible place for it so it felt wrong not to include one. Besides, it's called Kraken, so it has to be at least sorta awesome.

Now for the better version; we know this is better because it has Atman (zing! except it's kinda true)

Kit All-In Decoders/Atman ft. MC Escher
Event (22)
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Easy Mark [3]
3x Sure Gamble
3x Diesel
3x Tinkering
3x The Maker's Eye
2x Quality Time
2x Escher

Hardware (8)
3x Clone Chip
3x Lockpick
2x Plascrete Carapace

Program (15)
3x Gordian Blade
2x Atman
3x Self-Modifying Code
3x Datasucker [3]
2x Crescentus [2]
1x Parasite [2]
1x Cyber-Cypher

This version is tougher to play, but probably better overall, mainly because it can actually win after turn 8 or so. This build has an Atman/Datasucker package that comes down after Gordian Blade helps you jump out to an early lead. We also have 2x Plascrete so we can eat tags like a true aggressive runner, and Escher as a great finisher that lets us shift all their code gates onto R&D and switch their problem ice with whatever ice they put on Archives to stop the Datasucker madness. I currently have Indexing out of the deck, because it's tough to access R&D twice in a turn, but it might not be correct to leave it out. Unlike the previous build where your final rig was probably 3x Cyber-Cypher, it's not very important in this deck at all, and you probably shouldn't even bother installing it after turn 2 (it does provide a great Self-Modifying Code target in the early turns though).

note: I have not tested either deck, as my only testing partner has been out of town for a month. I built these partially to get my Netrunner fix. Let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2097 wrote:
Have you misread False Echo?
It has an effect that isn’t useless, but it looks so expensive for what it is.

Nah, False Echo is pretty bad, I understand that. I wanted to include it for two reasons:

1. I basically see it as an event that you drop right before running that forces the corp to waste a click (and maybe a credit or two) reinstalling a piece of ice. Since Kit's ability (and our deck as a whole) is so powerful in the early game (when the corp has minimal ice on each server) and so weak later on (when the corp has 2+ ice everywhere), False Echo helps keep the corp stuck in the early game for a little while longer, which benefits us. Imagine it as a 0-cost event that reads "the corp loses a click and a credit." That's very playable in an all-in aggressive deck like this.

2. this deck REALLY needs Parasites and Crescenti, and False Echo is a cheap program that serves as good Scavenge fodder. I also considered Net Shield and Cloak for the role, but Lockpick already covered what Cloak had and lol Net Shield.

But I agree with you, cutting False Echo would probably make the deck better. I'd just think this is a good place to try it and see if it impresses. 3x Crypsis is perfectly reasonable with this build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.