Subject: Yomi Second Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Saw this post on the fantasy strike forums. Looks like a second edition is on the way. But sounds like it may be a ways off yet.

http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/yomi-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as an upgrade pack for 1st edition owners is offered (just replacing the cards affected), then it would be ok. Otherwise, I think I'd be frustrated. Hopefully some lessons have been learned from the Puzzle Strike scenario...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, they try to keep the changes to the 10 first edition characters to a minimum and plan to offer an upgrade pack with the changed cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Excited about the possibility of "beta decks" (For the expansion characters) that was mentioned in that thread. I wanna hear more details on that!

For the original 10 characters, actual changes to the cards themselves seem fairly minor (which suggests upgrade pack). Most changed is probably Jaina, to make her an offensive, balls-to-the-walls risk taker (as she was intended to be).

Interesting how simply a small tweak to her innate ability, a revamp of her Unstable Power (7), and a little extra chip damage can totally change her feel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
As long as an upgrade pack for 1st edition owners is offered (just replacing the cards affected), then it would be ok. Otherwise, I think I'd be frustrated. Hopefully some lessons have been learned from the Puzzle Strike scenario...
See I don't get the logic here...

I mean if you don't really play Yomi that much... maybe once a month or less, then the imbalances of the game won't be noticeable for you. I mean I only play Yomi... once a year maybe and I do not notice any balance issues.

But if you played the hell out of the game to notice these balance problems, it's likely that you got your moneys worth out of the game to justify buying a new copy of the second edition. And if you do, you have two copies of the game, one to lend out to friends or you could even play mirror matches. And imbalances can also be a good thing as well as you can handicap yourself by playing a weaker character against a new opponent.

So while I would like to own the second edition, I know that I haven't played the older version a lot and so it would be a luxury purchase if anything. As such, I'm okay with sticking with my first edition and hoping I can play the hell out of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.