Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: New Player Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marek Przadka
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If you have two duplicate objectives out, do their abilities stack (ie mission briefing x 2 so you draw two cards?)

2. Can you move force cards to other cards at any time or does the unit have to be discarded first?

3. Shielding. If you have a unit with shielding, can it assign shields to multiple units?

4. Can Guardian of Peace use shielding to remove a focus token from itself?

5. If there is an unopposed battle, can the attacking player still play edge battle cards?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
1. Yes.

2. You can't move it, you get it back if they leave play.

3. No, they place one shield on a unit or objective participating.

4. No, a shield prevents 1 focus or damage token placed by an enemy onto one of your units.

5. Yes.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Przadka
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. If an action or reaction lets you play a unit from your hand, is it free or do you have to pay the cost?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dpolishsensation wrote:
Thanks. If an action or reaction lets you play a unit from your hand, is it free or do you have to pay the cost?


"Play" means you pay the cost. "Put into play" means you don't.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Przadka
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple more questions came up, specifically about combat icons.

6. Can you resolve them in any order? Meaning if I have Obi Wan, can I use the two tactics first, then blast, and finally unit damage (granted I won the edge battle)?

7. Can multiple tactic icons be used on different units? Again Obi as an example, can I use the first tactic to exhaust one unit and the second tactic to exhaust a totally different unit?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dpolishsensation wrote:
Couple more questions came up, specifically about combat icons.

6. Can you resolve them in any order? Meaning if I have Obi Wan, can I use the two tactics first, then blast, and finally unit damage (granted I won the edge battle)?

7. Can multiple tactic icons be used on different units? Again Obi as an example, can I use the first tactic to exhaust one unit and the second tactic to exhaust a totally different unit?


6. Yes. Although you couldn't use 1 unit damage, 2 tactics, and then another unit damage - you have to do each icon type as a group.

7. Yes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind though that when you resolve the entirety of one icon, say tactics, you must declare all of it before the opponent declares their response (this is primarily relevant for shields and protect).

For example, if you were facing 2 opposing, shielded units and striking with Palpatine (and won edge), you would have to declare where the 3 tactics icons are going before they have to decide to use the shields or not. You can't say 1 to each, see if they are going to use the shield, and then decide to place the last one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Przadka
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
8. If a unit already has a focus token on it, can you use tactics to place an additional focus token during a battle? Can you place focus tokens on an objective during battle?

9. When a unit has targeted strikes, can that unit damage any non-engaged unit AND attack an objective and/or perform tactics or can it only perform the targeted strike?

Also any difference between Luke Sykwalker's targeted strike and Vader's lights saber targeted strikes? They are worded slightly differently so wasn't sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dpolishsensation wrote:
8. If a unit already has a focus token on it, can you use tactics to place an additional focus token during a battle? Can you place focus tokens on an objective during battle?

9. When a unit has targeted strikes, can that unit damage any non-engaged unit AND attack an objective and/or perform tactics or can it only perform the targeted strike?

Also any difference between Luke Sykwalker's targeted strike and Vader's lights saber targeted strikes? They are worded slightly differently so wasn't sure.


8. Yes to placing extra focus on a unit. No to using tactics to focus an objective (you can still focus your own objectives to pay for things, but I don't think that's what you were asking).

9. It gets to use all its icons. Its unit damage icons are special due to targeted strike.

Luke has targeted strike. Vader's Lightsaber gives Vader targeted strike. They are the same keyword, just acquired differently.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also, probably, worth pointing out that Shii-Cho Training is mutually exclusive with Targeted Strike. You can either split the damage among participating units, or use targeted strike to deal damage to one unit that is not participating.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.