Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using the most current ruleset? You should be! My answers are for the current living rule book which you can find online.

1) nope. It's already been declared and resolved.

2) figures can't change position. They should be numbered so you know specifically which guy is which.

3) if you catch it, it is a turnover. Opposing turn stops and yours begins. You may run and pass the ball as normal.

4) I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
Union
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zxqueb wrote:
4) I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Indeed the answer is no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly I would recommend that you use the Blood Bowl: Living Rulebook. It can be downloaded for free from the GW website.

1. No, no takebacks. The living rules change the sequence for intercepting a bit. Declare pass, roll for intercept, if not intercepted roll for pass and catch.

2. Different positions have different miniatures. In the base set for instance the human catchers are the ones with there glove in the air. Blitzers are the ones with the fluffy hat. And they should be numbered as well for when they get new skills.

3. If your opponent dropped the ball, failed to pick up or something, then it's a turnover. If the scatter was causd by knocking your ball carrier or knocking someone on the ball, he may continue his turn and move anyone who didn't move yet.

4. You only roll for the KO box and no, you can't use re-rolls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Favelo
United States
Purcellville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kara,
Most of the answers given have been right, but I'd like to explain them a little better (because Blood Bowl is an AMAZING game!).

1. The pass rules state that when a player declares a pass, the opposing team may have one player who is under the template (and there are a few more requirements, but they are quite logical) attempt to intercept. This is BEFORE the pass roll (it is out of sequence, but makes things run more smoothly). So there's nothing for your opponent to reroll! He just has to be sad as you intercept and you get 2 star player points (actually, if he has the skill "safe throw," that is the only way to stop the INT).

2. I think by the situation you describe it sounds like you guys are using all the same models (but maybe not). Regardless, each player must have a number, and that number will tell you what stats a player has. Of course, it's your job to verify what stats and skills your opponent's player has.

3. Whenever a ball scatters to a space with a player (or it is thrown in to his square), that player must try to CATCH the ball. I emphasize CATCH, because it is not a pickup roll--and, thus, you do not get +1 on the roll (so Agility 3 players catch it on a 4+, whereas if they were picking up the ball during their turn, they would do it no a 3+ without other modifiers). Since it is your opponent's turn, while you could get possession of the ball, you would not be able to run, pass, etc. until your turn.

4. Players in the reserve do not have to roll to come in, they can be fielded as the coach sees fit. Players in the KO box come in on 4+.

If you have other questions, keep asking, and keep playing!
blessings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Favelo
United States
Purcellville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW I forgot to add this--the link to the latest rules (called the Competition Rules, and sometimes LRB6.0)

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m78...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.