♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
You did the right thing. I had to make the same decision about Magic about three years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My decision was easier because I did it early in the A&A minis release and that I thought the game was too much of a dice fest (even more so than the A&A strategic level games). Then I realized how few boardgames I'd be able to buy if I got a couple cases of the minis, and they were traded away.
Still, I understand your self-doubt. But now, more boardgames!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem with Attacktix and HeroScape!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Nichols
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As much as I like that particular game, I can't argue with your action. I have way too many games of a collectible nature that don't get played, and the money I have spent is phenomenal. I had to make some cuts. I don't know whether to be happy or sad that most of that stuff is in storage now. I need to sell it to (a) get rid of it and (b) make what cash back on it I can. At least I'm not buying stuff that doesn't hit the table from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Only cowards cut and run!

(p.s. you did the right thing thumbsup )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, unless I just didn't have the storage space, I would have kept it and just stopped collecting the expansions. You might not have anyone to play it with now, but things change.

It would be different if you weren't so crazy about the game. I would also change my answer if I had a high degree of confidence that I could just buy the game again when needed, but this is collectable and even if it wasn't, Hasbro has proven to be fickle in the past.

P.S. I am a Pack Rat in other ways, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you tire of them you can just ditch it on BGGM right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Serrette
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a problem similar to your's, but it's more along the lines of any game in general, but I keep buying games even though I haven't played half the games I own.

Although, Pirates of the Spanish Main took over my wallet for a while.

I haven bought any lately though. Rent is kinda getting in my way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.