Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Scoring Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The last item on the score card says that you get +5 Fame if End of Round was not announced on last round.

By "last round," does it mean the last round you played or the last round of the entire scenario?

Example 1:
You're playing Solo Conquest (3 days and 3 nights), and you finished half-way through the 3rd night, so you'd get 0 for Number of Unplayed Rounds and 5 for the end of round not being declared in the last round. Simple.

Example 2:
You're playing Solo Conquest (3 days and 3 nights), and you finished half-way through the 3rd day. So you'd get 30 for Number of Unplayed Rounds. And I suppose you'd get +5 for the end of some round not being declared, be it the 5th or 6th.

Example 3:
You're playing Solo Conquest (3 days and 3 nights), and you finished at the end of the 3rd day after end of round was declared. So you'd get 30 for Number of Unplayed Rounds. Would you get +5 for the end of the 6th and final round not being declared--even though you never played it? That sort of seems like double counting to me (since you're already getting 30 Fame for not playing the 6th round at all) but the wording is unclear.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Shelton
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that it is +5 if EoR was not declared when the game ended (for whatever round that might be). So in your third scenario, you would not get the +5. I believe the +30 takes into account any bonuses for later rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Reaves
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had this situation take place, but I would agree with Christian's interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Makes sense. So if you get the 30 (or 60!), then no chance of 5. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy wrong summary! You can get both +5 and +30; exactly like your examples and as everyone has agreed in this thread so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Terah wrote:
Holy wrong summary! You can get both +5 and +30; exactly like your examples and as everyone has agreed in this thread so far.

Maybe so. But it doesn't feel right to score 35. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
Terah wrote:

Maybe so. But it doesn't feel right to score 35.

It does if you conquered the scenario earlier in round 5 than at the end of round 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Trevin wrote:
schnel wrote:
Terah wrote:

Maybe so. But it doesn't feel right to score 35. ;)

It does if you conquered the scenario earlier in round 5 than at the end of round 5.

True enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.