Steve Black Jr.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

Just played my first game of K2! I have a couple questions.

1. Do you have to take acclimation for every space you move through, or just the space you land on/stay on.

2. If you play any movement cards, do you have to move?

3. If you decide not to move at all (based on question 2) and you got a risk token for having the highest movement, then do you penalize your acclimation health bar.

4. A space with no number for movement costs 1, spaces with a 2 would then cost 2 to move in (if I am not mistaken). And a 3 space would cost 3 move and another 3 point to pitch a tent.

5. Weather takes place after you move and play your acclimation cards, correct?

Wanted to sum up all my questions for my play group!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Just the space you land on.
2. You are allowed not to move.
3. Well, if you have at least 2 movement points, which you forfeit, then you can say that you apply the risk token to those movement points. I am not sure what to do when you get a penalty token of 2 and only have 1 movement point. It would be quite an unlucky situation though.
4. Yes. Was that a question?
5. Yes. According to the rules, weather applies after all the alpinists move and apply their acclimatisation cards. We usually apply the effect after each climbers turn, but there is a difference, if the weather kills some alpinist - in this case it should stay until all the players move and be removed from the board at the end of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
"I am the one who knocks..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding your "question" 4, I don't think that it costs the three points to pitch a tent. Pitching a tent only costs 1 movement point. Provided that you have enough movement points to move into a space AND have one left over you can pitch a tent with that last one.

I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll be corrected though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
AndersonCouncil wrote:
Pitching a tent only costs 1 movement point.

Please reread the first sentence of "Pitching a tent" on page 6 of the rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
"I am the one who knocks..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Told you I'd get corrected

Thanks for that as I've been playing it wrong this whole time!blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.