Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Bordeaux
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello BGG. I have been away for awhile and have finally settled into my new city and new job and ready to start board gaming again. The main change now is that my main gaming partner is no longer nearby and while I am lucky enough to have two roommates that enjoy board games as well we have a tough time syncing schedules to actually play games. Thus my current query about soloable games.

Within my collection I currently have two games that I can play solo which would be Lord of the Rings LCG and Tales of the Arabian Nights. Not a huge fan of LOTR solo, but Tales of the Arabian Nights is amazing and solo or with others has become one of my favorite games lately.

Below is a succinct list of qualities I would like the game to have in order of preference.

1. Soloable (Requirement)
2. Medieval Fantasy theme
3. Have a board and components, not just a card or dice game
4. 60$ or less
5. Playable with 3 people
6. 40$ or less
7. Playable with 5 people

To help with provide even more information the following is a list of games I really enjoy, aside from Tales of the Arabian Nights which I mentioned earlier, to give you an idea of my tastes in games.

Battletech
Race for the Galaxy
Boss Monster
Citadels
Dungeon Roll
Battlecon
Summoner Wars
Wasabi!
7 Wonders
Discworld: Ankh-Morpork

I appreciate anyone that takes the time to read this thread and a thank you very much to anyone that takes the time to respond. All responses are greatly appreciated, but if you have the time please give a reason as to why you recommend a game if you do so. I look forward to hopefully grabbing a new game to dig into soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Dennis
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHRIS HALVORSON
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Mage Knight Board Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
I think you may enjoy:

Defenders of the Realm
1. Soloable
2. Fantasy - multiple heroes to choose from
3. A huge board and an excellent dragon mini!
4. ~$58
5. 1-4 players

Easy to learn, hard to master, various expansions to add variety (and more to come still).

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game
1. Soloable
2. Fantasy - multiple heroes, lots of monsters
3. Modular dungeon tiles and a whole lot of minis!
4. ~$40
5. 1-5 players

Dungeon crawl, so it depends if your group is into such games. There are 2 more D&D games employing the same system and you can share creatures across them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played it but Legends of Andor looks like it is easily soloable (although you would need to use two characters I think)

+1 to Mage Knight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Mage Knight Board Game

Darkest Night (First edition)
Myth (when it's released)
Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game

Edit: more games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the suggestions above, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set is a lot of fun. I play it solo with two characters, works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.