Diplomacy» Forums » Sessions

Subject: My 1st game (Incomplete session) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Have to admit, I wasn't really interested in this kind of game until one of my friends (who's a die-hard-fan of strategy games) convinced me to buy it, and so, after some hard effort of digging around (it seems like this game isn't popular at all in my country, Malaysia), I bought the 50th anniversary edition as soon as I found it online.

Our 1st game was a blast even though we were in short of 1 player. Since we were all learning the game together, we treated our 1st game as learning stage. Therefore, we split into 2 teams of 3. I was playing as Austria, and immediately formed alliance with Turkey and German while the other 3; England, Russia and France were all in one team.

Our 1st negotiation phase took us about 45 minutes before officially entering the writing order phase (we had the time, so we didn't care). Looking at our map, we knew Russia was the easiest target for us considering the fact that Russia's best friends were way too far away. Simultaneously, we had to watch out for France, one bad move, German would be gone in the next hour.

Nothing interesting happened during the 1st year, but a big changed next, there was a lot of chaos in German that the guy had to give up its country in 1903 (Thanks to him, Austria and Turkey remained peace as though they weren't exist) and meanwhile, took us almost 2 hours to successfully conquer Russia. We decided to call it a day after year 1904 with no winners. We'll begin our real game by next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on buying a really challenging game to win. Forming teams is OK, but is even better when the alliances are unknown and sometimes (or always) shifting. Enjoy it. It is a really enjoyable game as the European landscape changes over the course of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.