Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Pax Porfiriana» Forums » Rules

Subject: Upgrading connection on opponents' enterprise rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adhika Widyaparaga
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
- None -
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out that in the rules we can upgrade the connection of ANY enterprise in play. As this implies that we can upgrade the connection of anoopponent's enterprise too, what color of cube should we place if we do this? Our color or the opponent's?

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your colour, i.e. the colour of the player doing the upgrade, who may not necessarily be the owner of the enterprise.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhika Widyaparaga
Indonesia
Yogyakarta
- None -
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply!
So the upgrading player gets the additional income, right?
Oh thats awesome.. brings about much more options
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you got it
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that's just one of the sneaky options available in this game. I upgrade my opponents' connections all the time just to make it cheaper for me to send my troops to attack them. So not only do you get income, but you lessen theirs.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It also makes it more expensive to buy land on a Plantation, and will change the cost of deploying troops there (whether up or down depends on the troops). So it can work both to your advantage or the other player's disadvantage.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it really make buying land on a plantation (or ranch) more expensive? You pull off one of the owner's income cubes and replace it with one of your own on the connection symbol. The number of cubes on the card is the same.

I do have a question about Chain Connections. Who gets the '1 buck connection' bonus? The owner of the enterprise or of the connection? I assume the latter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GS in KS wrote:
Does it really make buying land on a plantation (or ranch) more expensive? You pull off one of the owner's income cubes and replace it with one of your own on the connection symbol. The number of cubes on the card is the same.


No, you add one to the connection space on the card. There's one additional cube when a connection is upgraded.

You're describing what happens when you extort with enemy troops.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GS in KS wrote:

I do have a question about Chain Connections. Who gets the '1 buck connection' bonus? The owner of the enterprise or of the connection? I assume the latter.


The owner of the connection.

Jason's right about the first part too - the connection cube has no effect on the regular income cubes, it's in addition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GS in KS wrote:
I do have a question about Chain Connections. Who gets the '1 buck connection' bonus? The owner of the enterprise or of the connection? I assume the latter.
As Martin G says, the owner of the Connection cube gets the bonus. It's expensive, and it's risky, but it makes your subsequent connections dirt cheap. I found that one odd myself so I checked with Phil just last week...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
It's expensive, and it's risky, but it makes your subsequent connections dirt cheap. I found that one odd myself so I checked with Phil just last week...


It's not odd by Pax standards.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlbertaClipper wrote:
GS in KS wrote:
Does it really make buying land on a plantation (or ranch) more expensive? You pull off one of the owner's income cubes and replace it with one of your own on the connection symbol. The number of cubes on the card is the same.


No, you add one to the connection space on the card. There's one additional cube when a connection is upgraded.

You're describing what happens when you extort with enemy troops.


Oops. Asked question before thinking it out. Thanks. Now I'll remember forever.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
[q="GS in KS"]


Jason's right about the first part too - the connection cube has no effect on the regular income cubes, it's in addition.


Does an connection cube on say a mine earn the amount of money that a mine would earn under the regime and economy, or does it just earn one always?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Tuttle757 wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:
[q="GS in KS"]


Jason's right about the first part too - the connection cube has no effect on the regular income cubes, it's in addition.


Does an connection cube on say a mine earn the amount of money that a mine would earn under the regime and economy, or does it just earn one always?


Any cube anywhere only earns one gold. Mines and banks (whose income is tied to the regime) should adjust the number of cubes to equal their current income.

There is a card that allows you to place two cubes on a connection (the name escapes me), but that's the only way to earn more than 1 gold per connection.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.