No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cadre removal from the map. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier Delenclos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
[14.9.3] Removal from the Map: When removed from the map for any reason(except to Entrain for Rail Movement,9.1; or Replacement, 14.9.4)such as becoming Shattered,a Cadre unit is placed on the Turn Track to arrive on a future Game Turn as a Reinforcement as instructed on theback of its counter.

When I read the red part of this sentence, I think that cadre unit don't go on the Turn track when removed for replacement location. May be they go to Cadre Box?

But when I read this one ...!!?

[14.9.4] Replacement Location: Units that are Replaced as per 7.7 and 7.9 (only, not Reinforcements) may, in addition to those locations prescribed in Rule 7.1, also be placed in a hex where there is a friendly Cadre unit that can trace an overland Supply Path (6.1) to afriendly map edge. When placed in that hex, that Cadre unit is removed from the map and placed on the Turn Track as per 14.9.3

Finally, where go cadre unit when removed for remplacement location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Red words have been added in 2nd Edition rules (Feb 2012).

Actually, you're right, 14.9.3 and 14.9.4 seem now contradictory...

I have overlooked this point and used to place on Game Turn Track all cadre units removed, except when removed to entrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cdres are always put from the map to the turn track. Never directly in the cadre box. So there will always be a small delay before they can be used again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Dampenon wrote:
Actually, you're right, 14.9.3 and 14.9.4 seem now contradictory...

I don't see them as contradictory. Just that the red text highlighted in the original post seems to indicate an exception that doesn't exist. I would suggest removing the red text ("or Replacement, 14.9.4") in a future printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.