3 Posts

Legacy: The Testament of Duke de Crecy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initiate Venture cost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Biway Biway
msg tools
Hello all,

I have bought yesterday the French version of this game, and i have one rule question, about the iniate Venture action.

Indeed, if i dont make mistakes, when we mix the english/polish/French version of the rules, and what is reported on the main board, we could notice three different action costs :

French rules : 2 prestige (corresponds to 2 shields icon)
english/polish rules : 1 prestige (corresponds to 1 Shields icon)
Main board of all version : 1 honor (corresponds to 1 star icon)

Anyone knows which is the right cost (i think the French translation is wrong, but between the english/polish rules and the main board ?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a very good question and indeed a mistake :(

Originally the cost of the Patron was indeed 1 VP, but later this was changed with fine tuning to 1 VP income (prestige).

This was too strong, so we went back to losing 1 Honor point, which is the correct way to do it.

Sadly, the rules still correspond to the earlier rules change (which was later reversed).

The game board is leading, and also easiest to follow.

Hope this helps, and thanks for pointing this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Walczak
Poland
Czeladź
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
In the beginning, thanks for reporting that mistake.

Of course, what Michiel Hendriks wrote above is correct. The correct price is written on main board - two friends and one Honor point. Prices in rulebooks are incorrect.

As one of people responsible for tracking all inconsistency (before printing), I apologize for that mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.