Popular Tags: [View All]
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first reaction was: yes, why not. But we came up with this situation:
A player had 2 blue councilman cards and then wanted to use yellow building #4 to play one of those cards as two jokers and then add those jokers to the other councilman, making 3 councilman cards...
There is nothing against it in the rules but you can argue he used the building to A-->AA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the very same situation. We played it was allowed but I'm curious to have official word about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
olavf wrote:
My first reaction was: yes, why not. But we came up with this situation:
A player had 2 blue councilman cards and then wanted to use yellow building #4 to play one of those cards as two jokers and then add those jokers to the other councilman, making 3 councilman cards...
There is nothing against it in the rules but you can argue he used the building to A-->AA.
Oh - I see, what you mean ...

Our intention was that BB can NOT be a joker - otherwise it wouldn't make sense to say "The player may play exactly 1 card as 2 of one OTHER type." (page 8, explanation of the building).

Because IF you could choose a joker there is no limitation at all and we could have written "Play exactly 1 card as 2 of ANY type".

So your argument is right: In fact you would change A to AA and this is not allowed.

But I have to admit that it would have been easier to understand to explicitly exclude jokers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Stevens
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a different thread you have stated that 'A' can be a joker though, so 'A' can be one while 'B' cannot, is that correct?

It seems to me that it would be simpler to simply allow the change A->AA, but perhaps you figured this would make the building too strong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sabaki wrote:
In a different thread you have stated that 'A' can be a joker though, so 'A' can be one while 'B' cannot, is that correct?

It seems to me that it would be simpler to simply allow the change A->AA, but perhaps you figured this would make the building too strong?
Exactly! You're right, 'A' can be a joker, 'B' cannot, and we really made this restriction to limit the strength of this building a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Williams
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Best things to play: drums and games!
badge
Prog Rock: Yes is #1 Art Rock: Styx is #1
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:
sabaki wrote:

Exactly! You're right, 'A' can be a joker, 'B' cannot, and we really made this restriction to limit the strength of this building a little bit.

Does the rule "B cannot be a joker" pertain only to Yellow #4? Does it also pertain to Yellow #2?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.