21 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: My X-Wing Gaming Table :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CH3F Dark Council
Australia
flag msg tools
Hey guys, just thought I'd add my Gaming Table to the mix.
Currently being finished off by a friend with the last layers of stain.
The table top is flappable, and the other side will be utilized as a dining table.

Currently on the table...
- A 3'x3' playing surface
- 2 Dice rolling trays (no more dice on the playing surface hitting models or asteroids)
- A Template tray
- 2 Drink holders
- Each players ledge has enough room for pilot and upgrade cards
- There will also be 2 drawers underneath capable of storing 2 P.A.C.K 216 foam trays each.

Questions and Queries are welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rau
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! Can I ask how much it set you back to make this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CH3F Dark Council
Australia
flag msg tools

Was built by scratch by a friend...
Including materials and his time it's set me back $600

As I said the table top is removable, the other side will be a dining table but it also allows me to get other tops built to fit for other larger game systems

Can't wait to get it in the house!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Ashram
msg tools
Very nice! I love custom tables... I have a room for my wargaming, and a table built for gaming.

So, round holes for drinks, long cutout for counters/supplies... Are the two smaller cut outs useable for each teams ship cards? It might be easier to put them there and just roll dice on the surface of the table..? But there might not be room...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cleal
Australia
Port Kembla
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats is awesome, wish I had a friend to build me one like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebel Pilot
msg tools
That table is absolutely gorgeous. I'm trying to figure out where i can fit one in my small condo and also convince my wife that I need one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Elliott
United States
West Harrison
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Am I the only one that can't see any images in the original post? I mean, the table SOUNDS beautiful and all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Dr-WhoopAss wrote:

Am I the only one that can't see any images in the original post? I mean, the table SOUNDS beautiful and all...

Yes, you are, and yes, it is. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CH3F Dark Council
Australia
flag msg tools
Here it is in action...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CH3F Dark Council
Australia
flag msg tools
Lord Ashram wrote:
Very nice! I love custom tables... I have a room for my wargaming, and a table built for gaming.

So, round holes for drinks, long cutout for counters/supplies... Are the two smaller cut outs useable for each teams ship cards? It might be easier to put them there and just roll dice on the surface of the table..? But there might not be room...

The two smaller cut outs are for dice rolling, the ledge infront of each player was built wide enough for all pilot cards and their respective upgrades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
method erik
msg tools
That is good looking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunning!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing.

I definitely don't have the skill to make a whole table, but making just the table top that you can balance on a card table shouldn't be that hard. Maybe put a couple hinges in the middle so you can fold it in half when not in use.

Great. I can see where my weekends will be taking me soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CH3F Dark Council
Australia
flag msg tools
Okay, so here is the 2 shots of the table top itself flipped.
One is for game time and the other for Dinner
The total measurements for the table are:
4' wide and 5.5' long, its also just over 3' high, so its perfect to stand at...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne O'Keeffe
Ireland
Sligo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It looks really nice but what keeps the top from sliding around on the base when bumped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CH3F Dark Council
Australia
flag msg tools
igelkott255 wrote:
It looks really nice but what keeps the top from sliding around on the base when bumped?

There are 4 pieces of about 2 inch long dowel drilled and glued into each of the 4 legs about 1 inch deep.
To match, there are 4 holes drilled into the tabletop that fit the dowel through.
The dowel is cut so its flush with the tabletop and is stained the same colour.
In the original post you can see, in the last two pictures, the white points on each corner where the dowel pokes through to secure the tabletop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Wilkins
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
I just built one yesterday! It's no where near as nice as yours but heres the jist...

3x3 on a 4x4 piece of wood bolted to a standard folding card table. lined with green felt for the rebels and red for the imperials. sides have custom star wars fabric. Right side has 2 cup holders, 2 token areas and 1 common dice rolling area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who has had a few drinks spilled onto various games, I plan to eventually put together a surface I can set on top of my dining room table, but the drink holders will be placed off the bottom of the table, so any bumping would have to be forceful enough to lift the cup out of the holder and over the top of the table.

Still, very, very nice looking custom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Wilkins
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
monkeykins wrote:
As someone who has had a few drinks spilled onto various games, I plan to eventually put together a surface I can set on top of my dining room table, but the drink holders will be placed off the bottom of the table, so any bumping would have to be forceful enough to lift the cup out of the holder and over the top of the table.

Still, very, very nice looking custom!

interesting point. I was actually gaming on Friday night when my original table (cheap folder from wherever) collapsed and spilled my pint of Guinness all over my decks. talk about livid. Thats why I have the cupholders where they are now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.