Popular Tags: [View All]
Renny Borthwick
United Kingdom
Newcastle
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

After playing this game to conclusion several times I have to say it's probably the best board wargame I have ever played - along with Ardennes '44 (although Road to the Rhine remains a childhood favourite!).

Can we please have expansion to this fantastic game? Perhaps maps and counters to take the Brits and Canadians (and Poles and Czech's) up to the Scheldt Estuary and Market Garden? Perhaps a game to explore the American's Lorraine Campaign - the taking of Metz and Nancy?

The list is obviously endless but I think we have to see more of the series in the future - and an expansion to N44 to get us up to the breakout would be a super start!

Failing that, does anyone know of any games covering the campaign in the Western Europe? I've mentioned Road to the Rhine but this could do with a serious update.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barr
United Kingdom
Ballyclare N.Ireland
Co Antrim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Games I have that cover breakout/western campaign
All different in scope and complexity

Onslaught (SPI)
Storming the Reich (Compass)
Cobra (TSR)
D-Day (AH)
West Front (Columbia)
Fortress Europa (AH)
Liberty Roads (Hexasim)

Couple of monsters cover Normandy though I don't have them
Longest Day (AH)
Battle For Normandy (GMT)

Cheers

Btw if you use Vassal I would be keen to be taught N'44 as I have the game but never played in anger :-)

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Mark has said in the past he doesn't plan to do an "expansion" of N'44, but he does of course have other games in the work. France '40 uses the basic same system and is shipping this coming week. There has been scuttlebut about what campaign he will do next. I believe Market Garden is a possibility. CSW has more information. Check the N'44 and A'44 folders there.

I have many of the same ones listed. Fortress Europa is another one along the sames lines you were looking for. Copies of it can be obtained pretty easily. I believe there is a reprint coming soon. L2 maybe? Can't remember.
I have Road to the Rhine, Liberty Roads, Longest Day and Battle for Normandy. Of those Battle for Normandy is my favorite, but it is a huge game.

I agree that N'44 and A'44 are two of the best games ever designed/published. I put Battle for Normandy in that same category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gohrns wrote:
I think Mark has said in the past he doesn't plan to do an "expansion" of N'44...

Actually, he has said just the opposite - as recently as 3 weeks ago in fact.

"Thanks Mark! The Normandy '44 expansion is still on my "to do" list. Would also love to see the Cobra breakout and the British/Canadian drive south to Falaise and beyond."

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd33741/2461
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I stand corrected. Thanks for update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.