Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, played this for the first time last night and I had a few questions.

When aligning your base on the new maneuver card, can u confirm that the line at the base of the arrow does not line up with the miniature base. You are supposed to try and look from above and line up the arrow?

Assuming you are playing standard or advanced rules. How am I supposed to track what cards someone else played on their turn, such as a fast straight leading into an Immelmann. Are you expected to either watch them do their moves or do you play that you can openly ask what it was that someone played? I guess I'm just asking for group preference here as I don't think there is an official answer as such.

Say I take damage and its a rudder jam, how the heck do I track that? It seems like something that would be very open to forgetting about those effects that aren't required to be announced.

I must say I had trouble sleeping last night after playing 3 games of it. Just such a fun and exciting experiance.

Actually another question not rules related.
I got the rules and accessories pack with 4 planes. Am I correct in understanding that the planes in the starter pack are the same but in different paint jobs. I'm a bit concerned about that as it would seem the Allies planes were better than the Axis, in gunpowder anyways. Another 4 planes of the same would see to me like if you did 4 on four the balance would certainly be with the allies.
Is that when I throw a axis heavy fighter into the mix? Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Place the stand so it lands on top of the arrow. It is clear plastic. This is easy.

2. Just pay attention to what your opponent is doing. It's not hard one on one, or even two on two. But if you are not sure, you can ask when he is playing it. When the players are working on choosing their next card, I can't imagine asking then.

3. You have the chit with the damage on it in your hand.

(4) I don't know what "in gunpowder always" means. All the planes can shoot every turn. Yes, the planes in the starter pack are one of each of the original releases in a paint scheme only available there. I can't imagine someone who owns the rules and accessories pack would go buy the starter pack next. (Only makes sense I you will be playing, like, more than 8 planes at a time and need double the damage chits). The planes are sold individually and if you think the two allies have an advantage over the two Axis, you can buy more or different Axis. Bombers are available, plus two-engine fighters and biplanes, with some very hot fighters just released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

3. You have the chit with the damage on it in your hand.

To be clear I'm talking about the statuses not the damage inflicted. How do people keep track of their rudder jams and how long remaining etc?

Oh and gunpowder was a iPhone autocorrect it was meant to be gun power. Out gunned I mean due to the damage their guns inflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.