I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo:
6 Marines.

VOID LOCK
DARK CATACOMBS
HIBERNATION CLUSTER
TOXIN PUMPING STATION

Sergeant Lorenzo & Brother Denio's 'Intimidation' card helped push the Genestealers back to a minimum threat level quite a bit, whilst Brother Leon and Brother Valencio's 'Overwatch' mopped up the stragglers. Even though this stretched the gameplay time out slightly the Genestealer carcasses still piled up neatly.

It also seemed as if Lorenzo's Counter Attack worked on every occasion.

Even when the Control Panel in the Toxin Pumping Station failed to activate four times in a row, there was no threat from the constant trickle of Genestealers.

The Lightning Claws 'Move and Activate' card also played a key part in the Terminators positioning.

One by one the blip piles slowly fizzled out, and a few staccato bursts of gunfire silenced the remaining stragglers.

Survivors/Support Tokens(*):

BROTHER LEON *
BROTHER VALENCIO *

BROTHER CLAUDIO
BROTHER GORIEL *

BROTHER DEINO *
SERGEANT LORENZO ***

You think I had it easy, do you think I make a mistake, or didn't play correctly? Check out my wins/losses here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes things just work perfectly.
Congratulations.

What were the events like? Were you pulling low spawning ones more often?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dezza wrote:
Sometimes things just work perfectly.
Congratulations.

What were the events like? Were you pulling low spawning ones more often?

Everything just seemed to fall into place turn after turn.

Move a team away from the Xeno's to Activate the door and prepare for next turn attack. Lorenzo's squad fall into the congested areas and either use Intimidation to send the majority of adjacent Genestealers back to the smallest Blip Pile. or Lorenzo Counter Attacks, rolls skulls one after another and either slays the lot, or eventually rolls a 4-5 with only one Genestealer remaining.

A lot of Support Tokens were also placed on the Red Team who flipped between Overwatch & Full Auto to mop up any remaining Xeno.

I must have easily played several rounds where there were no Genestealers around to make attacks on the Terminators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also won with this combination of teams. Two solo games in a row with the Launch Control room in the end.

It's fairly easy in the final room, since you have Blue Team's Intimidate action and you can just keep shuffling Genestealers every other turn until you accumulate enough support tokens on the card.

I wouldn't have won without Brother Leon though. His attack action and range are superior to others. Without Leon, the Red Team is hopelessly crippled.

The Green Team I've found to be the hardest to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About Lorenzo's Counterattack, don't forget that if you slay one of The Genestealers with this action, the same swarm attacks again (if there are any remaining).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magmaxtic wrote:
About Lorenzo's Counterattack, don't forget that if you slay one of The Genestealers with this action, the same swarm attacks again (if there are any remaining).

True.

zombiegod wrote:
Lorenzo Counter Attacks, rolls skulls one after another and either slays the lot, or eventually rolls a 4-5 with only one Genestealer remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Haltom
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't log my plays, and I've lost more than I've won, but I have had one game where every marine survived. Everything went my way, from die rolls, to event cards, it was the perfect storm, and it felt really good. Then I played two more games after that and got my ass handed to me both times. I love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.