Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there is any way to get hold of some posters at spiel? I know most booths are covered in posters, is it possible to get some of these late sunday, or is it posiible to buy extras?

I would love to have some cool boardgame posters to put in frames on the wall in my gaming room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ask the exhibitors if you can have the posters when they take them down at the end. The might say ja, they might say nein. But if you don't ask, you don't get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask them in advance. It varies. Bigger firms will take their displays from show to show (there are more than just Essen) and will not want to give anything away, and smaller firms cannot afford to give away display material they'll use next year. But some like Rio Grande sold posters. If you've a good reason (running a club or promo) then you can get some free (Kosmos, Zoch, Queen, Pegasus are very supportive of clubs but that doesn't mean you'll get anything), but otherwise don't hold your breath.

Essen has gone from a place where publishers could afford to give things away, to a place where everything is sold. A couple of years ago, DoW was auctioning their used demo copies. No complaint from me, but what I mean is that they were actually auctioning them rather than just asking for a price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some publishers hand out smaller size (A4 to A2) posters sometimes. I still have some here with me from last year. The really big posters that are on the booths are not made from paper but from a more durable material like cloth or tarpaulin, and I don't think they'll give that out. But you can always ask them about it, of course, you might get lucky on Sunday after the fair is over, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From memory, isn't there a poster in the collectors edition of Witches releasing at Essen?

I know I got one in Ankh-Morepork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the feedback to all of you. I dont mind paying for posters,my backup plan if I cant get/buy any cool ones is to buy more artprints from my favorite magic the gathering artist, Steve Argyle, who will as usual have a booth at spiel.

However I already have a couple of those and would really like something more boardgamy.

If anyone know somewhere i could order such posters online, that would be cool too. Classic or hugely acclaimed games like carcasonne and puerto rico is the sort of stuff i would be most interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traitor76 wrote:
Thx for the feedback to all of you. I dont mind paying for posters,my backup plan if I cant get/buy any cool ones is to buy more artprints from my favorite magic the gathering artist, Steve Argyle, who will as usual have a booth at spiel.

However I already have a couple of those and would really like something more boardgamy.

If anyone know somewhere i could order such posters online, that would be cool too. Classic or hugely acclaimed games like carcasonne and puerto rico is the sort of stuff i would be most interested in.

Maybe you could find someone who bought a copy of Escape from the Queen Kickstarter. That came with a poster. I've just got mine kicking about still in the envelope because I have no need for it. There could be someone near you that is in the same situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
Traitor76 wrote:

Maybe you could find someone who bought a copy of Escape from the Queen Kickstarter. That came with a poster. I've just got mine kicking about still in the envelope because I have no need for it. There could be someone near you that is in the same situation.

Ah, Queen Kickstarter, good reminder. I have an Urbanization poster to offer....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.