8 Posts

Trains» Forums » Rules

Subject: Costs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Brown
Thailand
flag msg tools
I'm sorry if this as been answered before but I didn't find it.

I can't figure out how much money do players have to pay if they build in a city. Is there a +1 if the city is occupied or +1 per piece in the city?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawgB wrote:

I can't figure out how much money do players have to pay if they build in a city. Is there a +1 if the city is occupied or +1 per piece in the city?

Thanks.

It is +1 for being a city
Another +1 for each station marker in the city
Another +1 for each other player's marker in the city.

That last also applies to building anywhere and also gets you 1 extra waste.

Edit:So if you have a city with 1 station marker and 2 other players there already you play 1+1+2=4 money and get 2 waste (including the standard waste for building)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawgB wrote:

Thanks.

Both. You play +1 for every piece of wood in the city and take a single extra waste if one or more of those pieces of wood is another player's cube.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

dawgB wrote:

Thanks.

from the rule book...

You want to place a rail token on a city space (+1 money cost) that has two stations (+2 money cost) and 1 other player’s rail token (+1 money cost and gain 1 Waste card). You have to pay 1+2+1 = 4 money to build there, and you must take a Waste card.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to kick this to death, do no overlook the waste card you must take for laying track as well. So +1 waste card, makes a total of 2 waste cards for the complete action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
And just to kick this to death, do no overlook the waste card you must take for laying track as well. So +1 waste card, makes a total of 2 waste cards for the complete action.

Well, no, not for laying track. For playing a track laying card that includes a take waste action.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Brown
Thailand
flag msg tools
Thank you all. All clear now. I guess we played it wrong last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Maiz
United States
Palmyra
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 waste??

One for the rail you built..
one for the other player location ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.