Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Pierce
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strategic Air Combat

11.2 states "The attacker first places any available, in-range air units (including decoys) unknown side up that he wishes to use onto the Target Hex,..."

Question#1 Must a bomber be included or can the attacker send just fighters in a "fighter sweep" hoping to draw up defending fighters. Or send just his decoy hoping to make the defender waste his defense?

Collapse Question for Soviet and UK.

Question #2 Is a collapse a one time effect, or can it happen multiple times?

17.13.4 "...The Soviet per Turn Record Track is adjusted to the number of MSP locations he currently occupies."

Question #3 Does the wording of this rule mean that MSP's gained through the annexation of Finland, Baltic States and Bessarabia would be lost if Russia no longer held that territory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Navoril wrote:
Strategic Air Combat

11.2 states "The attacker first places any available, in-range air units (including decoys) unknown side up that he wishes to use onto the Target Hex,..."

Question#1 Must a bomber be included or can the attacker send just fighters in a "fighter sweep" hoping to draw up defending fighters. Or send just his decoy hoping to make the defender waste his defense?

All must be placed right away.

Quote:

Collapse Question for Soviet and UK.

Quote:

Question #2 Is a collapse a one time effect, or can it happen multiple times?

One time events.

Quote:

17.13.4 "...The Soviet per Turn Record Track is adjusted to the number of MSP locations he currently occupies."

Question #3 Does the wording of this rule mean that MSP's gained through the annexation of Finland, Baltic States and Bessarabia would be lost if Russia no longer held that territory?

No; that is a permanent gain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DHolte wrote:
Navoril wrote:
Strategic Air Combat

All must be placed right away.

Sure, but the rule says you don't have to place every available, in-range unit. Only those that you "wish to use", right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Pierce
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danny,
I very much appreciate your supporting your game and answering questions.

However in 11.0 the rules state "the current phasing player, or "attacker", declares each combat as it takes place. They do not have to declare each attack ahead of time if multiple strategic bombing attempts are to occur. Simply conduct one attack and then decide whether to make another. However, a single city may be the target on only one Strategic Bombing attempt in single turn."

My question was does a bomber actually have to be involved in the mission. Could my first "Strategic Bombing" mission be a single decoy counter? Knowing that I couldn't target that city again. Or could I send two fighters by themselves on a "Strategic Bombing" mission...in order to engage and destroy defending fighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I thought you were asking whether you could run fighters against a city, and then follow-up with bombers after.

Each attack must be conducted in its entirety before another takes place.

All air units, decoy or otherwise must be committed to a single attack before another attack is conducted.

No, a bomber does not have to be included.

There is a bit of a poker game in the air..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.