Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Marlow
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In scenario 4 (Volcano Island), the totem rules state that you have to draw and resolve all (e.g. three) cards. In a game, the second mystery card I drew was the Collapse card (text: "You can't go any further. Stop drawing Mystery cards"). What takes precedence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the exact thing happen to us the other day. I went went the standard "text on card over rules rulebook etc." and stopped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally correct.
The difference here is also that you cannot stop to draw cards of your own volition - you have to resolve as many as the scenario card says. EXCEPT when you draw a card that makes you stop.
The location is still considered successfully explored (regarding scenario goal) - even if you needed to resolve 4 cards, and only drew 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We just had this happen and this seems to be the only official/unofficial source for what happens in this case, so we're stopping after one card and not resolving any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.