Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Carcassonne Müller Exklusiv-Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Carcassonne Müller Exklusiv-Edition my first plays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to a very kind fellow geek in Germany, my copy of this version arrived yesterday afternoon.

We played two games after dinner and I was a bit worried about the six "Belagerer" tiles. Would they create too much take-that for my wife? No. Interestingly enough, they are an excellent, balanced addition to the game. My wife loves them as they increase the value of the farms she is so skilled at stealing.

Also, Doris outdid herself with the art on the Belagerer tiles--they are more colorful, more busy, more belligerent looking than the scans show. They really add a lot to the finished landscape around Carcassonne. Beautiful.

Question for the Admins or anyone else: should this version of Carcassonne be placed under the main heading of Carcassonne, or linked at least? I added this version to my collection and it is recording plays separately. Should that happen?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very kind of that fellow geek! Wish i had Friends in germany

I think there should be a separate listing for the belagerer expansion, perhaps?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. Unfortunately, I'm not planning a trip to Germany, and I'm afraid, there're not too much copies left.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
@Khonner--how do we make that change/addition? How do we get in touch with the Admin for Carc?

@Svartisen--this is unfortunate. It is a great release of the game. My wife even mentioned that the tiles included in this edition should be the "standard" Carcassonne.

Maybe with luck the community will get that from Z-man or someone else someday.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried adding a Belagerer entry, but it got denied by the admins saying it couldn't have its own entry since you couldn't get it on its own, the only entry could be for the full Muller set.

I then countered that it could be chosen to be played and/or not played, so it should get its own entry to keep track of plays with and without it. And people could very well take and sell the 6 tiles on their own since it is the only way to get them. I then showed examples of other expansions that have their own entry even though they can't be bought on their own, but I never got a response back. That was a couple weeks ago.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are a lot of expansions, which can be played separately, but are included in one box and thus do not get their own entries. K2: Broad Peak has two separate scenarios. Each time you choose which one to play. Alhambra expansion boxes each consists of 4 different expansions. The players choose which of them they want to include in the game. Even for Small World expansions you can choose which race to include or exclude from the game. Of course it would make sense for tracking of the gameplay to include every little expansion as a separate entry, however, the database would explode quickly with people trying to separate all the different options.

And I am not aware of any expansion, which has its own entry, but is not (or rather was not) available on its own.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted anderson
United States
southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
I tried adding a Belagerer entry, but it got denied by the admins saying it couldn't have its own entry since you couldn't get it on its own, the only entry could be for the full Muller set.

I then countered that it could be chosen to be played and/or not played, so it should get its own entry to keep track of plays with and without it. And people could very well take and sell the 6 tiles on their own since it is the only way to get them. I then showed examples of other expansions that have their own entry even though they can't be bought on their own, but I never got a response back. That was a couple weeks ago.


Corn Circles 1 also has its own entry and the only way to get that was by buying the base set in Germany in 2010.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
moremonkeys138 wrote:
Corn Circles 1 also has its own entry and the only way to get that was by buying the base set in Germany in 2010.

This is not true, they were sold separately by Hans im Glück for quite a while (I bought them in 2012).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
Well, there are a lot of expansions, which can be played separately, but are included in one box and thus do not get their own entries. K2: Broad Peak has two separate scenarios. Each time you choose which one to play. Alhambra expansion boxes each consists of 4 different expansions. The players choose which of them they want to include in the game. Even for Small World expansions you can choose which race to include or exclude from the game. Of course it would make sense for tracking of the gameplay to include every little expansion as a separate entry, however, the database would explode quickly with people trying to separate all the different options.

And I am not aware of any expansion, which has its own entry, but is not (or rather was not) available on its own.


None of those expansions come with a base game or previously available expansions. The Muller set is an already established base game with a bunch of already established expansions, except for this one that they even gave its own name to.

Corn Circles II has its own entry even though the only way to get it through retail is buying each of the six mini-expansions. And The Festival had its own entry long before it was announced that Hans Im Gluck will start selling them on their own next month. That could only be gotten with the 10 year edition.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dye
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/147782/carcassonne-muller...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted anderson
United States
southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Juliusan wrote:
Well, there are a lot of expansions, which can be played separately, but are included in one box and thus do not get their own entries. K2: Broad Peak has two separate scenarios. Each time you choose which one to play. Alhambra expansion boxes each consists of 4 different expansions. The players choose which of them they want to include in the game. Even for Small World expansions you can choose which race to include or exclude from the game. Of course it would make sense for tracking of the gameplay to include every little expansion as a separate entry, however, the database would explode quickly with people trying to separate all the different options.

And I am not aware of any expansion, which has its own entry, but is not (or rather was not) available on its own.


None of those expansions come with a base game or previously available expansions. The Muller set is an already established base game with a bunch of already established expansions, except for this one that they even gave its own name to.

Corn Circles II has its own entry even though the only way to get it through retail is buying each of the six mini-expansions. And The Festival had its own entry long before it was announced that Hans Im Gluck will start selling them on their own next month. That could only be gotten with the 10 year edition.


Agreed. If Corn Circles II and The Festival get their own entries, Die Belagerer should probably as well. Though there are rumblings of the Cundco store selling it later on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
moremonkeys138 wrote:
DoomTurtle wrote:
Juliusan wrote:
Well, there are a lot of expansions, which can be played separately, but are included in one box and thus do not get their own entries. K2: Broad Peak has two separate scenarios. Each time you choose which one to play. Alhambra expansion boxes each consists of 4 different expansions. The players choose which of them they want to include in the game. Even for Small World expansions you can choose which race to include or exclude from the game. Of course it would make sense for tracking of the gameplay to include every little expansion as a separate entry, however, the database would explode quickly with people trying to separate all the different options.

And I am not aware of any expansion, which has its own entry, but is not (or rather was not) available on its own.


None of those expansions come with a base game or previously available expansions. The Muller set is an already established base game with a bunch of already established expansions, except for this one that they even gave its own name to.

Corn Circles II has its own entry even though the only way to get it through retail is buying each of the six mini-expansions. And The Festival had its own entry long before it was announced that Hans Im Gluck will start selling them on their own next month. That could only be gotten with the 10 year edition.


Agreed. If Corn Circles II and The Festival get their own entries, Die Belagerer should probably as well. Though there are rumblings of the Cundco store selling it later on.


I am hoping they will
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So my Rio Grande edition and my Muller edition are supposed to record plays separately, yes? This is correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It works this way with all compilation items (see the Carcassonne Big Box 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.). It may not be ideal for logging plays if you want to record exactly what parts you played with. But this is just the way BGG handles these things - or is supposed to handle them (BGG policies on these things are far from being consistent in any way :)).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
It works this way with all compilation items (see the Carcassonne Big Box 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.). It may not be ideal for logging plays if you want to record exactly what parts you played with. But this is just the way BGG handles these things - or is supposed to handle them (BGG policies on these things are far from being consistent in any way ).


It looks quite inconsistant--or I am missing something.

The "German Third Edition with Die Kornkreise" seems like an analog: a base set that includes a special expansion. But it does not have a separate entry...

Oh well, I'm going to delete mine from my BGG list so that they all record under my original Rio Grand version. I like to see that number climb

BTW The besiegers is by far my favorite expansion. It works really well along side a few other expansions and really improves game play. I hope they sell these six tiles at cundco.de soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
August222 wrote:
It looks quite inconsistant--or I am missing something.

The "German Third Edition with Die Kornkreise" seems like an analog: a base set that includes a special expansion. But it does not have a separate entry...

What you're missing may just be the fact that it's basically a user generated database - a system that comes with some inherent flaws leading to inconsistency :)

From my experience if something gets entered that comes with sufficient information and is not obviously wrong, it will probably get approved. The reviewing admins/moderators can't know every version and edition and spot every mistake. But mistakes will always be made and not every user reads the guidelines before submitting something.

Also BGG policies change over time. For example, the compilation items are a very recent feature on BGG. Probably the mentioned edition has already been around when there wasn't another good way to enter it. And since then, nobody cared enough to submit a correction.

If you re-entered that edition as a compilation item (Carcassonne; contains Die Kornkreise) and requested to delete it as a version I don't see any reason for it not to get approved. The same is true for every other special edition that contains one or more expansions. I own some of them myself, entering them properly is somewhere on my to-do-list :)

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
August222 wrote:
It looks quite inconsistant--or I am missing something.

The "German Third Edition with Die Kornkreise" seems like an analog: a base set that includes a special expansion. But it does not have a separate entry...

What you're missing may just be the fact that it's basically a user generated database - a system that comes with some inherent flaws leading to inconsistency

From my experience if something gets entered that comes with sufficient information and is not obviously wrong, it will probably get approved. The reviewing admins/moderators can't know every version and edition and spot every mistake. But mistakes will always be made and not every user reads the guidelines before submitting something.

Also BGG policies change over time. For example, the compilation items are a very recent feature on BGG. Probably the mentioned edition has already been around when there wasn't another good way to enter it. And since then, nobody cared enough to submit a correction.

If you re-entered that edition as a compilation item (Carcassonne; contains Die Kornkreise) and requested to delete it as a version I don't see any reason for it not to get approved. The same is true for every other special edition that contains one or more expansions. I own some of them myself, entering them properly is somewhere on my to-do-list



Good points all.

I'm looking for order in a fairly vague and complex system--the releases, versions, and expansions of a game. Or you could say I'm looking to make the inconsistant consistent.



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
I tried adding a Belagerer entry, but it got denied by the admins saying it couldn't have its own entry since you couldn't get it on its own, the only entry could be for the full Muller set.

I then countered that it could be chosen to be played and/or not played, so it should get its own entry to keep track of plays with and without it. And people could very well take and sell the 6 tiles on their own since it is the only way to get them. I then showed examples of other expansions that have their own entry even though they can't be bought on their own, but I never got a response back. That was a couple weeks ago.


Ha, I was just about to submit Die Belagerer as its own entry, citing Festival and CCII as precedents, and then I came across this thread. I had previously submitted corrections to break links between the Carcassonne Müller Exklusiv-Edition and Carcassonne: Die Katharer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent been able to get this edition at Müller in Aachen. They only have the regular version.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.