3 Posts

ebbes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Winner of "Nix" Color: Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who takes the most cards of the "Nix" color gets to choose which player will lead to the next round (after that round's cards have been dealt).

The Palatia Spiele website says the following about the case of a tie for most cards of the "Nix" color: "Bei Gleichstand zählt die höhere Einzelkarte der „Nix“-Farbe." That is, in case of a tie in the number of cards, consider who holds the highest card of the "Nix" color.

I assume that you consider only those players who are tied in the number of cards.

Suppose, for example, in a 4-player game (8 cards per color), player A took 1-3-5 of the "Nix" color, player B took 2-4-6, and player C took 7-8.

I would assume that player B wins the "Nix" color for having the highest card (6) among the players who took the most cards (A and B have three each).

I would assume that player C does not win the "Nix" color despite having the highest card - because he took fewer "Nix" cards than the others.

Does that sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sandor
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gillum,
yes you are right. Player B would be the "winner" of nix, as C anyhow has less cards of that colour.
Best regards,
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The printed English rules confirm this: "In case of a tie the tied player with the highest valued zilch card decides." (This English rules use "zilch" for "nix".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.