Subject: That'd make a great Microgame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Grimshaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Something that I've been getting a lot of gaming joy from lately are micro games. Not just the games, but also the concept.

Compact, minimal set-up time, and often free (as they're often print and play), as well as generally being rules light. It's a great model.

Granted though, not every game would make a good micro game. Some really do need the fluff and crunch, but for every one that wouldn't make the transition, I am sure that there are plenty more that would.

So, It's time for another "name the game" thread, this time with the focus of full fledged games that would make great micro games. Perhaps even better than the original.

It's completely subjective of course, but have at it!

Personally I think DungeonQuest would make a great micro game, as the biggest bug bear that people seem to have with it is the set-up time compared to the play time. Micro gaming could provide a way around that.

Zombies!!! is a space hog. Micro gaming it would certainly fix that.

Classics like HeroQuest could also be reworked to bring them to a new generation of gamers using this model (as let's face it there was very little meat to it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomb!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.