Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pavek
United States
Salinas
CA
flag msg tools
The second bullet in Rule 5.0 states

A unit may move directly from a hex containing an enemy ZOC to an adjacent hex containing an enemy ZOC but must stop and may not make an overrun attack. Units may otherwise leave ZOCs with no penalty

Does this mean you can slowly move around from ZOC hex to ZOC hex and then slip out on the other side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pavek
United States
Salinas
CA
flag msg tools
Also, can I execute an overrun from within an enemy ZOC to an adjacent enemy ZOC hex? This would allow a continual moving attack around the perimeter of an enemy unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhodili wrote:
The second bullet in Rule 5.0 states

A unit may move directly from a hex containing an enemy ZOC to an adjacent hex containing an enemy ZOC but must stop and may not make an overrun attack. Units may otherwise leave ZOCs with no penalty

Does this mean you can slowly move around from ZOC hex to ZOC hex and then slip out on the other side?

You could move from ZOC to ZOC in one impulse and then leave in the next impulse without incident.

bhodili wrote:
Also, can I execute an overrun from within an enemy ZOC to an adjacent enemy ZOC hex? This would allow a continual moving attack around the perimeter of an enemy unit.

You can only do this if you entered the enemy ZOC from a non-ZOC hex. If there is room to maneuver around the enemy unit, then it might be possible to fight your way around it over the course of several impulses (representing working your way around to the flank and showing the value of keeping other friendly units in proximity). What you could not do is move from ZOC hex to ZOC hex while conducting overruns - this is flatly prohibited by the language of the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pavek
United States
Salinas
CA
flag msg tools
jormungandr wrote:
bhodili wrote:

You can only do this if you entered the enemy ZOC from a non-ZOC hex. If there is room to maneuver around the enemy unit, then it might be possible to fight your way around it over the course of several impulses (representing working your way around to the flank and showing the value of keeping other friendly units in proximity). What you could not do is move from ZOC hex to ZOC hex while conducting overruns - this is flatly prohibited by the language of the rule.

That's what I thought the intent was, just wanted to make sure since someone (like me) would inevitably try to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.