Subject: Jinteki Timing Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Hey all, I had a few scenarios that have come up in recent games. Pretty sure I know the results, but want to make sure.

1. The corp rezzes Ronin. The runner has a timing window to use Clone Chip to fetch a Deus X before the corp uses its ability, yes?

2. I rez a Janus, and the runner has a Feedback Filter in play. Does trashing it prevent only one subroutine, or two brain damage? Similarly, when Tsurugi comes out, would Deus X prevent only one subroutine, or all of them?

Pretty sure I had other scenarios, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
1. If the runner has a Clone Chip installed and a Deus X in the graveyard, then yes, the runner has a window between clicks to pay for Deus X to protect himself from Ronin's click damage.

2. Each subroutine from Janus is a different damage, to my knowledge, so trashing it only prevents 1 brain damage (although I could be wrong).

3. (this is really a different question) I can't really reply, since Tsurugi isn't out yet, but I think it will have an AP subtype, which means Deus X can break all its subroutines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Norman
msg tools
For the second question, it will only prevent one of the damage because each subroutine happens in a separate window. Dues Ex on the other hand will prevent all of it because it is breaking all subroutines simultaneously as it will when Tsurugi comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks all. I forgot Tsurugi was AP and was only wondering about the prevent damage aspect of Deus X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.