Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlemen,

I have rolled out the game to 1st Transport Segment. 1/32 VC was identified in zone B. I have two questions:

1) When the helicopter drops the infantry or supply unit onto the zone, can it be placed in any one of the location of the zone freely?

2) What and how to use the OBS (Observation) helicopters?
See 11.28.

3) Is it correct only Aero-rocket helicopter company goes to Refit Box after use? How many Command Points does it cost to bring it out from Refit Box to An Khe Box?

Thanks,
Lawrence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lawrence,
I've recently acquired a copy of First Team: Vietnam, thanks to your inspiring posts, and I'm just setting it up.

Here's my take on your questions:

1.The infantry or supply unit can be placed in any LZ within the Zone, or if a Pathfinder accompanies it in another Transport helicopter (14.1) it can be placed in any Location within the Zone. If there are Identified NVA units in the Zone, or Contacted NVA units in the Location/LZ(?) then you would need to check for Ambush (4.13C).

2. I assume you 'scramble' the OBS helicopters to a location during the Support Segment of American Assault Phase, or during the Open Combat Segment of the NVA Assault Phase (per 9.2), and you receive the benefit i.e. one additional column shift, per 11.28.

3. The Aero-rocket helicopters go straight to the Refit Box after use. Transport, Gunship and OBS helicopters are first flipped to their Fatigued side on their return to An Khe after their first use, and then subsequently sent to the Refit Box on their second use.

As for the Command Point cost to get helicopters, of any kind, out of the Refit Box, I think this is missing from the rules. I would hazard a guess that it is 1CP per helicopter to move it to An Khe on its Combat-Ready side.

Hope that helps a bit.

Looking forward to getting started!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.