Subject: I have an idea for a contest, but what of the details? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Deliz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know if this kind of contest has been done before, but I'd like to try it and see the creative people of BGG work their magic. I was inspired by this picture of an altoids tin made into a games chest. Long a fan of altoids myself, I thought this would be a great repurposing of an old tin of mine that needs a purpose.

My idea was to challenge BGG to come up with games that could be played out of an altoids tin. I considered allowing anyone to come up with their own components (I have a feeling I could fit a thorough Deathmatch 3D set in one!) but I think I'd rather see BGG create a collection of original games running off the same components, a way for us to have a community chest of fun games to keep on hand any time we have a need to play, and pocket-sized to boot!

The only questions I have are about the logistics. I've never really done a contest before, so I'm clueless! What kind of stuff do you give away? Are there important rules to set up? I know that some contests have made sure to set dates and times for entries, and used geek gold as prizes, but I'm not savvy on details!

tl;dr version: I want to set up a contest, but I don't know how. Help/advice/suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just SLIGHTLY too late, my good friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
kholera wrote:

tl;dr version: I want to set up a contest, but I don't know how. Help/advice/suggestions?

You and I could be a team on this. I just announced my contest a few weeks ago, called "The Reruns Contest". The idea is you can use any of the limitations from one of the previous contests (there's a list on the page I linked to), and that will include the in-a-tin contest. Geekmail me if you're interested and we could run this thing. I looked up all about how to run a contest, so if you want to know more, we can put our heads together.

I'm putting 75 GG into it, do you have any GG to contribute?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.