Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Blocks in the East» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two more questions, 1 pretty obvious rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The one that seems obvious, but as manpower is dwindling for the Soviets I'll ask anyway. On the map Tehran has a number one under its name. I assume this is to indicate that a unit must remain there, but wondered if it might also provide 1 yellow PP?

And, regarding Partisans. Do they accumulate if the Germans don't clear them out? So if the Russians create one partisan in September, and the Germans don't attack them, one remains. On the next turn (October), there are 6 Russian minor cities un-garrisoned, so Russia creates 2 partisans. Are they added to the map along with the one from September, so there are now a total of 3? Or are there always as many partisan units as the current number of un-garrisoned cities creates, and no more. I hope that question is clear enough.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Both right.

Teheran grant 1 PP to the Soviets, once the brave Persians are doomed (usually in September 1941).

Partisans: they get accumulated. The Axis should send the RHG units (and maybe 1 steo unit) to clear them when alone.

When 3 partisans are stacked together... you need to fight them
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
Both right.

Teheran grant 1 PP to the Soviets, once the brave Persians are doomed (usually in September 1941).


I assume you mean that they enter the war in September, and are usually conquered in November? I suppose the Soviets could do an airdrop on them to speed things up, otherwise it takes a while to march through those mountains.

Quote:
Partisans: they get accumulated. The Axis should send the RHG units (and maybe 1 steo unit) to clear them when alone.

When 3 partisans are stacked together... you need to fight them


I thought so. Initially I'd played they don't accumulate, and never saw the point in even having them. Now, however, I see that they could become a real nuisance if not dealt with.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
ULTIMO wrote:
Both right.

Teheran grant 1 PP to the Soviets, once the brave Persians are doomed (usually in September 1941).


I assume you mean that they enter the war in September, and are usually conquered in November? I suppose the Soviets could do an airdrop on them to speed things up, otherwise it takes a while to march through those mountains.

Quote:
Partisans: they get accumulated. The Axis should send the RHG units (and maybe 1 steo unit) to clear them when alone.

When 3 partisans are stacked together... you need to fight them


I thought so. Initially I'd played they don't accumulate, and never saw the point in even having them. Now, however, I see that they could become a real nuisance if not dealt with.


Chris,

right, partisans are a real nuisance... fortunately the Axis can count on the fierce Slovaks!

ABout Persia: it goes on war in August. Try to use a Mountain Unit (they pay 1 less MP in Mountain hex) to get rid of them (they have no units in BITE, but will have when combined with BIA)




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, should have thought of the mountain units.

Partisans, can they move, or be redistributed? Or are they in place until moved?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Yes, should have thought of the mountain units.

Partisans, can they move, or be redistributed? Or are they in place until moved?


Fortunately they cant move... they just sit on the rail and grew up...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.