Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Dittmann
United States
Perham
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the default battle hand size? Is it just +2 for every army unit or is there a default number of cards for your first army figure and then +2 for every army figure after the first one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTorres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pg 23 of rule book, "Assembling the battle force"

"...starts at three and may be increased in the following ways:

+2 for each friendly army figure
+1 if governed by Fundamentalism
+3 if defending a city or capital

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonman wrote:

+2 for each friendly army figure

Be careful, that's not true.
+2 hand size for each friendly army figure in the square
beyond the first (remember that players cannot exceed their
civilization’s stacking limit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Also remember that the +2 units per Army, only works if the armies started their moves together (on the same square).
You cannot for example, move an Army on another Army, and then move both of them to attack something in the same turn.
The main rules is that when a figure begins to move, it haves to finish its move before you can start moving another figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that other things can add to it, like Computers (+1 to hand size for every 5 coins you have)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ovidiu Cirlugea
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i have two army figures I have a hand size of six right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
0mida wrote:

Hand size of 5.

Normal hand size = One army = 3 units.

+2 units for each army on the same square. -> 2 armies = 5 units -> 3 armies = 7 units, etc, Up to 7 Armies (Russia only) -> 15 units. Remember that your figures have to be on the same square when they start to move to benefit of the +2 when you attack. you cannot move one figure to a square where belongs another of your figure and then move them together with the remaining moves of the first one to attack with a +2. The main reason that forbid this kind of move is simple : When you start to move a figure, you have to finish its move before starting to move another figure -> this is simply impossible to do but some players forgot this rule.

Defending a City : 6 Units in hand.

All this can get some more units if you have +1 battle hand size tech or Gov.

New Communism give +1 battle hand size.
Computers give +1 battle hand size for each 5 coins you have.

-> In Communism, a single army gives you 4 units in hand. 2 armies 6 units in hand and defending a City 7 units in hands.

If, for example, you have 10 coins, computers and are ruled by Communism Governement (W&W) -> YOu battle hand size is +3. Meaning a single army gives you 6 units, 2 armies -> 8 units, and defending a city -> 9 units, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
0mida wrote:

No. Then it is 5 (3 as a base handsize and +2 for an additional flag).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ovidiu Cirlugea
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember the rules saying something about +2 for each army figure in the square beyond the first/next (or something like that), so i just assumed that 2 flags - 6 units; 2 flags + an adjacent flag - 8 units; defending a city and having 2 flags in the outskirts 6 + 2/4/6/ depending on the number of flags...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
0mida wrote:
I remember the rules saying something about +2 for each army figure in the square beyond the first/next (or something like that), so i just assumed that 2 flags - 6 units; 2 flags + an adjacent flag - 8 units; defending a city and having 2 flags in the outskirts 6 + 2/4/6/ depending on the number of flags...

That's wrong. Only the flags on the same square count. That's why you get 6 for the city but nothing more (since no flag can be on the square of the city).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.