3 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » Variants

Subject: Less Information = More Challenges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LCG 74160
msg tools
mbmb
The rules say that you should not show your cards but that you can talk freely about them. What about restricting the information being exchanged to move away from a game of "open hand if you ask enough" to a "choose wisely what you ask or tell" game, in the same spirit as Hanabi?

On his turn, each player could be restricted to perform only two "information sharing" actions:
- tell the name of one card he has or tell the number of cards he has in one color
- ask if one other player has a named card or ask each player how many cards he has in one given color

All the other discussions would still be allowed as long as they don't precisely reveal more cards in the players hands.

Comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're aiming to make the game harder, then it'll certainly do that.

However, my understanding is the limits on communication are intended to prevent alpha-gaming, not make the game harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've considered something like this in the past. I had an idea similar to you but also that people in the same city can show each other their hands.

Either way I think you'd want to play a few games with the house rule first to work out balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.