4 Posts

Burning Suns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gaining antimatter and Agents aliance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Smart
msg tools
Hello Emil,

I just played the first dry run of the prototype of the game with my friends. While we got most the rules right after a round or two. There are two things that confused me, one my fault and one I still do not know.

(1) None of the agent cards had an alliance symbol at the top right. Should the Recruiting of agents from other empires be ignored during the prototype?

(2) Now I know this one is my fault. But I suggest having a section that explicitly is called "Gaining Anti-matter." I read too quickly through the "How to Win" section over my first (and second, third, ... ) read through. I ended up playing the game incorrectly, only allowing the gain of antimatter through agents, systems, artifacts, and the galactic market. This made a game that never ended and a bad taste in my friend's mouths for this game sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tim,

I've done a "Prototype / Change log" note in the Dropbox here >
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2rowrnquca2tzxr/B4atADoM6Z, this means you can play with agent's alignment if you want or leave them out (it's not game breaking neither ways).

Oooh soblue I see... yea, that wouldn't leave you with much of a progress - sorry to hear that.
I hope you can redeem that mistake on future play-throughs with your friends

But it's noted... I haven't heard it from other people. But in general, the layout still lacks "finesse" - and underlining and highlighting such things, would be a priority too.

Thanks I'm confident your next play-through will be waaaay better!
Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Smart
msg tools
Oh they definitely have gone better. Even the players that had the bad taste were excited to play it again after hearing the correct rules. This has been far on my top list of 4x games, and I cannot wait to see it finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super awesome - great great... Haha, I do understand!
I'm happy to hear that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.