Subject: Second play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried another game of this with a friend (different from the one I've mentioned previously) who has been playing it for a while. He insisted against my doubts that he could win as the French. As such, I took the Allies for a spin in a 2 player session.

The French sent all their forces left toward Ghent and Brussels. I began consolidating Prussian forces in the center and split the Anglo-Dutch, half toward Brussels and half at Ghent. Eventually I garrisoned Brussels with the Prussians but in the meantime the French had clever split the Anglo-Dutch by moving his cavalry in between them. This left Wellington's group cut off at Ghent. The French then launched their attack on Ghent.

My Anglo-Dutch went down fighting. They inflicted a large number of hits on the French, depleting many excellent units. Eventually the French overwhelmed these heroes, however.

I only had one more turn with the Anglo-Dutch before mandatory attrition routed their army. I launched a small spoiler attack against a French group that inflicted only 1 or 2 hits; these guys were driven off and the Anglo-Dutch army collapsed.

We were set on the last French turn for the battle of Brussels. The Prussians had their 1st-3rd corps intact. The French were a mishmash of quality and levels of readiness. I think in terms of raw blocks it was about even. The French drew a woods and placed it in their center; I drew two hills and placed them on the flanks. My artillery rained death upon the French, and my strong infantry held the center. Eventually the French right collapsed after repeated bombardments gave way to a charge of fresh Prussian infantry.

The French came close, and I mishandled the Anglo-Dutch, but they couldn't quite pull it off. They had only one chance at Brussels and I was too strong there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thunder Wong
Hong Kong
HK
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You were playing the free deployment secnario, right? I think the French did not force march enough in your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.