United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Following consecutive defeats to Pac-12 perennial also-rans Washington State and Arizona State, the University of Southern California has fired football head coach Lane Kiffin.

Read the Los Angeles Times article here.

USC fans have been hoping for this day to come for quite some time:

Granted, the non-SEC program has been hampered with harsh penalties imposed by the NCAA following the Reggie Bush scandal. But Kiffin proved to be out of his depth as a head coach and player manager.

As a UCLA alumnus, I'm torn about this. While I relish the mire USC is currently in, I fear that the next head coach will only improve the program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea why they hired him in the first place. I hope Notre Dame or Miami give him a try next. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Time for a little college basketball fun!
mbmbmb
I do find it humorous as an ASU masters student that when we beat SC they fire the head coach. What will happen if the Sun Devils beat the Irish next week in Dallas? Will they join the B1G? Fire the coach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
Go Lizards, Go Hogs, Go Illini; and the Army keeps rolling along!
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
mbmbmbmbmb
It's less to do with USC than with the system as a whole, but much of big-time college football seems to be about chasing guys who are willing to renege on their commitments, both contractual and other. Is it any wonder that programs are left scratching their head and thinking "Hey, this ain't quite what we thought we were getting."?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what impact this will have on the QB from Delaware who committed to Kifflin and USC when he was in 7th grade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiffin should have been fired last year. A team loaded with talent ranked #1 at the beginning of the season and they lost 5 of their last 6 being blown out in several of those games.

*edit*

Seems there is already a push by some fans to hire Lovie Smith. I'd love to see that. He wants to be a head coach again. In fact he turned down more than one defensive coordinator spot from what I have heard this year because he wants to only head coach, but I don't know if he's interested in coaching at the college level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.