Subject: Where can I post event announcements? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lame
United States
Huntington Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
I run small events. They are basically Chess tournaments with some other stuff thrown in. Think of them as microconventions.

For example, at my next tournament, it will be held at a game store. We will play Chess in a tournament format. We will also play Chess960 in a tournament format. And oh, by the way, I will have my collection of abstract strategy games there, exhibiting and teaching to anyone interested.

So, it's an event. It has a fee. ($5.00) It involves people getting together to play games. However, it certainly isn't big enough to be a convention, and it isn't a typical gamer group gathering, either. Nevertheless, it might be of interest to some people on BoardGameGeek. (A small subset of BGG to be sure, but some.)

Is there a place on BGG where it would be appropriate to post an event announcement for such an event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two obvious places, perhaps depending on how big the events are.

One is in Press Releases (just the one thread allowed in there on a subject) : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/31/boardgamegeek/press-re...

And the second is in the forum for your geography, which for Michigan seems to be the Midwest:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/83/boardgamegeek/midwest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lame
United States
Huntington Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks. I put an announcement in the Midwest section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.