Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever I draw a card that says something like "Draw 2 Mystery Cards--only resolve *chest*" does that mean I draw ONLY 2 cards and resolve them IF they are chests?

Or does it mean to say something like "Resolve 2 *chest* cards from the Mystery deck." Meaning that I draw until I pull two *chest* cards and ignore all others.

The example in the rulebook is about the most confusing thing I've ever read. Who the heck writes this stuff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the text on the cards is misleading. I follow the example in the rulebook, so it should say "Draw and resolve up to 2 treasure cards from the mystery deck." In other words, you can stop at 1 if you so wish. This is not important in your example, but it would be if the card said, say, to draw 2 monsters and 1 treasure...if you get the treasure first or second, you can avoid drawing some of the monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, has that wording made it into the Zman Version???
*shakes his head sadly, totally confused*

Well, the text is badly (or wrongly) worded. It is meant to reflect the standard rule...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good grief.

Dear Zman Games, if you'd like someone to reword your cards and rulebook in a manner that reflects the rules of the game, I'm available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mystery Card drawing -clarified/re-worded
I played my first game without having read the Example so was confused especially since the Quick Start Guide had the rule the same way.

But the example in my rulebook cleared it up nicely and I added my own notes so it would say:

- Draw from deck until get one of the types indicated and resolve. Ignore the rest

- You then have the option to stop and end this step or you may continue as above in search of another card type indicated (of which you have not yet found). [e.g. if says Draw 3 mystery cards, 1 Treasure and 2 traps - you can continue until you have found a total of 1 Treasure and 2 traps.

- You must always draw and resolve at least 1 mystery card, you can't decline to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.