8 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shattered Empire» Forums » General

Subject: Shattered Empire Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Stevenson

TORONTO
msg tools
Hey gang, I really want to get Shattered Empire, but the cost is throwing me off. I know for sure I won't be playing with more than 6 players, ever. So some of the things included will be a waste.

Is there a list or link that supplies the info of what each new action/political/objective card is? in my search I either find variants or ones in different languages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Re: SHATTERED EMPIRE CARDS?
marksmen006 wrote:
Hey gang, I really want to get Shattered Empire, but the cost is throwing me off. I know for sure I won't be playing with more than 6 players, ever. So some of the things included will be a waste.

Is there a list or link that supplies the info of what each new action/political/objective card is? in my search I either find variants or ones in different languages.

It's well worth the cost, even if you don't use the extra pieces. You should just buy it.

FFG would stamp out any list of cards in English, methinks, to keep people from home-brewing the cards. They do after all want to sell the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stevenson

TORONTO
msg tools
Hey, I hear ya! I'm all about supporting the game industry. I'm just curious about how good the other cards were and if they did in fact change the game dramatically.

I guess I just wanted that bit of extra proof and haven't been able to find some good examples online. What would be something new in say... an Action Card from Shattered Empire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from the strategy cards it is pretty much more of the same stuff already in the original.

This is a decision you have to take for yourself, if you really like the game it is probably worth it. The new races, planets, objectives and political/action cards are pretty cool. The racial abilities are a really nice addition. The second expansion adds some more political flavour, some more racial technologies and those really awesome flagships.

Nobody will be able to justify this purchase for you. Think about it, pick one.

I just have Shattered Empire right now, I will definitely get the other expansion at some point as well.

P.S.: It is also a bad idea to have the title for the thread in all caps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stevenson

TORONTO
msg tools
thumbsup

changed the caps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you don't want to play 7-8 players, the additional planets are a great improvement to the game and add variety. The 4 races included are all excellent. The extra two colors of plastic pieces improve the odds that everyone at the table will have pieces matching their Command Counters, which while admittedly frivolous is great for the OCD among us.

I really would consider this expansion "mandatory".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.