5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: DOMINION WAR OP POINTING & MATCHES rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chaos Phil
msg tools
mb
Hi, i have a question specifically for people running this event.

1stly i competed in the dominion war event today and my points where L(1), L(1), L(1), show up (1) so as you can tell I'm not disputing this because i lost, as you can see there is no way i can pull it back lol

The 1st question. Shouldn't you get a showing up point for every battle?

2nd is it possible to fight among the same faction?
The second question is because my 3 fights consisted of 1 from a faction i never found out and the other 2 battle i had here people from the same faction as me. We where then told that even though our faction had the most players we still lost in fleet points.

I feel this is un-just and our faction is never going to do well at ALL because we are always in-fighting therefore disrupting our point scores!

Little help please :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silvershadow206 wrote:
Hi, i have a question specifically for people running this event.

1stly i competed in the dominion war event today and my points where L(1), L(1), L(1), show up (1) so as you can tell I'm not disputing this because i lost, as you can see there is no way i can pull it back lol

The 1st question. Shouldn't you get a showing up point for every battle?

2nd is it possible to fight among the same faction?
The second question is because my 3 fights consisted of 1 from a faction i never found out and the other 2 battle i had here people from the same faction as me. We where then told that even though our faction had the most players we still lost in fleet points.

I feel this is un-just and our faction is never going to do well at ALL because we are always in-fighting therefore disrupting our point scores!

Little help please :-)

How many people are in your faction and in the other factions? If you guys are always playing against each other, then each match your side is getting 3 points, one player winning and one losing. Not sure how that hurts your faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
you get the show up point for the night.

I got 10 points, 2 points for each win 1 point for showing up, and 3 points
for winning the event.

doing it your way I would get twelve and you would get 6, still a differential of 6.

win your rounds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Connolly
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
1st off, play to have fun.

2nd it is six months a lot can happen is 6 months.

3rd learn from your losses, I learn more from my losses then from my wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneart69 wrote:
I got 10 points, 2 points for each win 1 point for showing up, and 3 points
for winning the event.

Did you have a bye to go with those two wins? If so and you say you had 10 points, it seems your organizer didn't get the update that the points for a Bye are supposed to be 2, not 3. It was printed wrong in the Month 1 instructions, but Andrew corrected it here on the boards. It's been fixed in the Month 2 instructions.

Up to you if you want to be a honest Hank and let your organizer know. :)

Never mind, my math skills apparently went for a walk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.