Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Part of the Nymph's Autumn card active effect says:

"When you spend (Grace), lose 1 (Grace)"

Does this mean if you would spend 2 or more grace you only lose 1? Or does it mean when you spend any amount of grace, you lose another one in addition to the regular amount?

I'm guessing it's not the first interpretation since all the other seasons have a clear negative effect associated when they're active. I'm not sure if the second is correct though either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Losing 1 grace is in addition to the grace that you've spent. For example, if you receive a wound and spend a grace to avoid dying, you also lose an additional grace, which would typically mean you end up with 2 less grace than you had before.

Of course, keep in mind the differences between spending and losing. If something just causes you to lose grace (e.g. a Curse blight), Autumn doesn't cause you to lose any more than normal, because you haven't spent any. Also, if you spend your last grace, the additional loss won't affect you since you'll already be at zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification. Even with the negative side effects, the Nymph seems like she will be quite powerful with clever play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've rarely been able to justify the cost of the Autumn season; however, I really like the Spring and Summer cards and associated abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.