Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read para 2.2 in the GSR several times and every time I read it I still get confused.

1) 'DMZ hexes are represented by Fortification hexes'. So all the hexes with a red or blue +1 fortification symbol are "DMZ hexes". The DMZ includes dozens of hexes and is not the hexes either side of the black and yellow dashed line labeled "DMZ" on the map?

2) "Each hex in the DMZ is called a 'Border Hex'". So all the red or blue +1 fortification symbols are also called "Border Hexes" even though they may be several hexes away from the actual "border" (black and yellow dashed line). So hex 3020, outside of Seoul is a "border hex"?

3) So according to 2 & 3 above, the red and blue +1 fortification hexes are called both "DMZ hexes" AND "Border hexes"?

4) 'Border hexes are occupied by Border Guards. These forces are abstractly represented by Combat Outpost (CO) markers'. But I only get a few CO markers per scenario, so even though every hex has Border Guards I only have one or two markers to represent every hex in the DMZ?

- Must the CO be placed next to the black and yellow dashed "DMZ"/border or can I place a CO marker in the "border hex" outside Seoul (hex 3020)?

- If I place a CO marker in a "border hex" are the effects cumulative (+1MP for DMZ hex and +1MP for CO for a total of 2MP)(+1DRM for DMZ hex +1 for CO for total +2 DRM)?

- What if a CO marker survives until the second turn of a scenario. Does the CO no longer impart a +1MP penalty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Outposts are units. They represent concentrations of border guard units/strongpoints. They do not have a MP penalty. They must be attacked like any other unit. They can be placed in any DMZ hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
Combat Outposts are units. They represent concentrations of border guard units/strongpoints. They do not have a MP penalty. They must be attacked like any other unit. They can be placed in any DMZ hex.

So para 2.2 is inaccurate when it says;

"The following rules govern border hexes and COs"

In reality the first two bullets really only apply to the border/DMZ hexes.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably should've been separated into their own paragraphs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.