Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Lapointe
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I'm unclear about something and nothing I've read here or elsewhere has really satisfied me so I'll ask.

The Cover rule says that an enemy who has cover cannot be targeted unless they are the closest enemy.

My question is, what if the closest enemy is not in line of sight and can't be targeted at all, and all your targets are in cover?

So can you move a figure up close to your enemy and put them behind a wall or closed door, then keep the rest of your figures in cover, meaning none of your figures can be attacked? If so, this seems more than a little wonky and easily exploitable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
One Squirrel to rule them all, One Squirrel to find them, One Squirrel to bring them all and in the darkness TPK them.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, you only count models in Line of Sight.

So, two enemy models left, a model behind crates 8 squares away and a model fully obscured by a wall 4 squares away; you can attack the character 8 squares away.

Addition;
feel free to ask questions about this game. It's a great game but the wording can be a bit confusing at times...

...and at times downright terrible. eg. 'Can' means 'Must'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's closest in line of sight, but good question.

Also, when counting distance, you don't count through closed doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.