Roger Moore
msg tools
Since 1/270 scale capital ships would likely not fit on most tables, here's an idea for using smaller capital ship models.

Just consider using a smaller capital ship miniature, with the assumption that it is much higher on the plane of battle than the other ships are. If its farther away from the other ships, that means it would appear to move much slower than the other ships do, perhaps requiring revised, shorter, movement templates. In addition, you can adjust firepower perhaps having range 1 being the new range three, and divide that further down for ranges 1 and 2.

Now to find a model of a Nebulon B frigate to test this with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
That, or you have two alternate options:

There's this file that lets you print out a scale 1/270 CR-90: Realistic Corellian Corvette

...and a scenario that uses it: Custom Mission : The Redeemer

The other option is just waiting for the model that FFG will release some time soon-ish:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4312

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Brown
Australia
Ballarat
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a suspicion If the scale is off for cinematic play then a single xwing may represent a flight or squadron like red flight 1 (four xwings) or red squadron (12 xwings) same for ties.

Just an idea, would have a new way to track damage etc as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should steal the play book of STAW, and just do capital ships as a separate game (but to a universal scale). And then figure out how to add in fighters from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hall
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Have they ever mentioned what the actual scale for these ships are? I'm not an expert on Star Wars ship specs, but they don't seem to be that off-scale.

It just seemed odd at what length they were going to in order to specifically avoid stating their actual scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they said it was something like 1/500 scale. The Capitol ships are half the size they should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
GT86 wrote:
I have a suspicion If the scale is off for cinematic play then a single xwing may represent a flight or squadron like red flight 1 (four xwings) or red squadron (12 xwings) same for ties.

Just an idea, would have a new way to track damage etc as well

coastcityo wrote:
I think they should steal the play book of STAW, and just do capital ships as a separate game (but to a universal scale). And then figure out how to add in fighters from there.

Frankly, I'd love it if they combined the above and made a separate capital ship game with consistent (but smaller) scale and had squadron stands (4 on 1, 5 on 1) for the fighters.

Like BFG, if you'll excuse a GW reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.