Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Promos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: This post could go in almost any game forum on BGG. However, I will not be doing that...

I am exhausted by game companies (globally) thinking it is a good idea to release game components in the form of promos that require seeking or the good will of game stores to acquire them. Event exclusives, magazine inserts, and especially promos sent to game stores, many of whom tape them to new store copies of the game so early adopters are SoL, are some examples of the hassle of acquiring these components. I would rather just pay a nominal subscription fee for a lot of promos at once or have them offered as a mini expansion. Short of more user friendly options I am just banning them from play in my copy of this game to avoid the stress of chasing them under current conditions. Anyway, not expecting a great deal of sympathy from the masses or a fix from the company producing Pathfinder, just a mini-rant to make this non-collector completionist exorcise a bit of dissatisfaction during his travels through the Emerald Isles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Scheepers
Netherlands
Veldhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's actually quite easy to get promos for this game by subscribing to the adventure packs on paizo.com
Though, getting the 2 promos from the convention and base game/character add-on can be tricky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I applaud the companies that make them available in the BGG store after a few months. I hope Paizo does the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
I applaud the companies that make them available in the BGG store after a few months. I hope Paizo does the same.

I started a thread on the Paizo forum a few weeks back and they basically said "If we were to make them available for sale we would just used our website, but we have no plans to sell them"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What promos at the Con?

I bought the game at GenCon in the first hour on Thursday, and I never got a promo (let alone 2) in my copy. How did I miss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekDadGamer wrote:
What promos at the Con?

I bought the game at GenCon in the first hour on Thursday, and I never got a promo (let alone 2) in my copy. How did I miss?

You should have got the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – "Fire Sneeze" Promo Card and possibly the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – "Poog of Zarongel" Promo Card as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
Another example to show this is not something unique to this game:

http://store.cryptozoic.com/product_p/epicspellwars_game.htm

I contacted Cryptozoic because I bought Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre when it first came out and wanted in on the promo they were now offering. They told me I had to buy the game from their store to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what's with these "buy one, get one" deals? Why can't I just get one for free? I mean, you're giving one away anyway.

Dine in only? Carry out only? Who can keep track of these crazy specials!

And don't even get me started on "new customers only"!

"Companies run promotions for their benefit, not ours"? Quit speaking jibber-jabber!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Rant aside, are you looking for leads?

I notice you're in Alameda, Tokhuah.
The other day, House of Games in Fremont had a Pathfinder promo available.
Poog, if I recall correctly, taped to the base set for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:

Thanks for the info. I have the base set though and it sounds like they are only doling them out attached to the game like Games of Berkeley.

At least 40K does not have promos... devil Yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokhuah wrote:
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:

Thanks for the info. I have the base set though and it sounds like they are only doling them out attached to the game like Games of Berkeley.

At least 40K does not have promos... devil Yet...

40k doesn't need evil promos. GW is lightyears ahead in the evil corp race.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.