Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
86 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Events » BGG.CON

Subject: Official BGG 2013 Flea Market Sign-up Thread - FULL (no more requests) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are now full.

How to sign up to be a seller in the Flea Market:

1) Leave a comment below, stating approximately how many games you are bringing and if you need a Small/Medium/Large space (The number of games helps me gauge how much space you need)
2) I will send you a Geekmail, indicating that you are registered and requesting additional info.
3) You will receive, via email, your table assignment and a file with badges (for your and your helper/s) that allow you access to the room.

Information different from last year is in red

It is time to get ready for the Flea Market once again. With a few Flea Markets under our belts, I present some of the better ideas put forth by Buyers & Sellers

Registration is limited based on how much room each seller needs. We have x number of tables and when those are gone, they are gone. There are three sizes of spaces available:
Small: Half of a Medium table (4ft x 30in)
Medium: A 8ft x 30in table
Large: This is a 66” round table

Small & Medium sellers will be assigned to the rectangular tables. Once those are gone, Small & Medium sellers will start sharing the Large round tables.

* Spaces are assigned: Since hotel staff will be setting up the room for us (thank you, awesome hotel staff) there is no need for a wild rush to get the room set up. This will now allow us to assign spaces and avoid any conflicts. The method of assigning spaces are as follows:
* Each table is assigned a number.
* A seller requests a slot in the Flea.
* Using a random number generator, I assign a number to that seller.
* In cases where a table is shared, I will designate that with an SH, Ex: 17SH (Small sellers will have to share with each other on rectangular tables, Medium sellers may have to share a round table to a Small seller.)

* Subscribe to this thread. Since the official BGG.con event schedule hasn't been posted, the time MAY change.

* The Flea Market will be in the Innovation Ballroom (4,800 sf!) on Saturday, Nov 23rd. Doors will open to Sellers at 09:00. Doors will open to Buyers at 10:00. The Flea will close down at 11:00

* There are no costs to the sellers. BGG Flea Market is an area provided by BoardGameGeek and is manned by volunteers.

* Sellers must sign up prior to Nov 2nd (by putting a comment here. Let me know approx how many games and what size you table you will need) Due to the ongoing increase in size of the Flea, limited space, and incidents in the past, we have found a need to be able to contact sellers before and after the Flea.

* Sellers will be allowed in from 09:00 to 09:50. Sellers will not be allowed in from 09:50 to 10:00 because we had some sellers coming literally seconds before the doors open. The confusion this caused wasn't really fair to the seller, other sellers and the buyers. The extra 10 minutes will allow sellers to fine tune their display, the volunteers to grab more tables, and let everyone gird themselves for the mad rush that will soon happen.

* Check in before you start setting up. I (or a minion) will be at the door with a clipboard checking off who comes in and assigning you to a room.

* Only sellers (& their assistants) will be allowed in the area prior to 10:00
. Buyers will not be allowed in until 10:00 (by my watch)

* Buyers won't be allowed to bring in backpacks/dufflebags. In the past they were causing too many problems with crowding. However, Once again we will be 'selling' shopping bags for a donation (any donation) and all money collected from the sale of the bags will go The Spiel Foundation. The bags are fairly large with handles and will be good for carrying swag the entire con.

* All Sellers will receive a confirmation geekmail from me with a Table assignment If you'd don't hear from me within 48 hours, contact me again.

Suggestions to Sellers: These are suggestions that have been culled from various sources. None of these will enforced (they are suggestions), but they will make your selling experience easier and more profitable.

* Be willing to help setup/teardown. Once you have your games set-up, see if someone else needs help. Once the market is closed, help pick up any trash laying around, or help others pack away their leftovers. Everyone wants to get back to the gaming, but the room is needed for more events in the con. Getting your stuff packed and out of the room (in the hall is fine until you can take stuff back to your room/car after we get the room reset) will allow room for getting the tables & chairs put back in place.

* Price your games. Sounds silly, but the crush of people and noise prevents a lot of folks from trying find out the prices. A simple post-it with the price & NAME of the game (in case the post-it comes off you will know what game it belonged to) will help.

* Inspect your games. Just because you THINK it is complete, double-check it to be sure. Buyers don't have time or room to open your game and inventory it. If you use a post-it for pricing, indicate if the game is COMPLETE or missing certain parts. Please indicate AS IS items very clearly as such.

* Put a note with your name, cell-phone, email and bgg id in each game. If there are any problems, the buyer can get in touch with you (your cell phone allows them to contact you while they are still at the con). In the past we had a game that was accidentally picked up off a table, and I was never able to get it back to the owner. If it had such a note, we could have easily contacted the seller. We also had one game sold that didn't have all of the parts (an accident, of course)

* Get to the selling area early. First come gets first pick of location. Large sellers will be assigned to the large tables. I will let you know if you're a large seller.

* Price your stuff smartly. $13.50 price means you'll be making change in coin (not smart). Pricing in whole dollar amounts works best.

* Bring plenty of change in the proper denominations.
Unless all of your games are prices in increments of $5 or $10, you'll be needing $1 bills. Bring plenty of change in proper denominations and you can make sales quicker.

* Utilize the Virtual Flea Market Selling Geeklist. Waylander1 set this up again.

* Think Upward: You may want to bring boxes to stack on the table to allow for more room to display goods. In previous years some folks have brought small tables to stand on top of over tables. I will allow these if the legs are not too close to the edges. The Large tables are 66 in diameter. Be sure your stuff can safely fit on there, I don't want someone to get hurt if a table or display topples.

Suggestions for Flea market buyers:

* Leave your backpacks/dufflebags/suitcases outside the flea market.
It gets pretty crowded in there and bringing in a backpack already loaded with stuff just makes the problem worse. Buy a shopping bag & help the Spiel Foundation.

* Just because it is called a flea market, don't expect folks to be giving the stuff away. You may see regular market prices on some games, but you will be saving on shipping costs.

* Don't assume a game is complete. Question the seller, obtain his contact information, inspect the game.

* Bringing drinks in is a very bad idea. You don't want to buy a game you don't want just because you dropped your drink on it.

* Bring cash in proper denominations. $10's, $5's, & $1's are great. Don't waltz in with a Benjamin and buy a $2 game. By the time you get change, all the other games you want will be gone.

Thanks ahead of time to everyone that will participate and I will be the guy in the tie-dyed shirt or maybe an orange ball cap. I'm undecided.
See ya at the Flea!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Llopis
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Official BGG 2013 Flea Market Sign-up Thread - Open for Business
okiedokie wrote:
* The Flea Market will be in the Innovation Ballroom (4,800 sf!). Doors will open to Sellers at 09:00. Doors will open to Buyers at 10:00. The Flea will close down at 11:00

Possibly a dumb question from a first-time attendee: Which day will this be? Friday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
About 25 games, small space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
llopis wrote:
okiedokie wrote:
* The Flea Market will be in the Innovation Ballroom (4,800 sf!). Doors will open to Sellers at 09:00. Doors will open to Buyers at 10:00. The Flea will close down at 11:00

Possibly a dumb question from a first-time attendee: Which day will this be? Friday?

It's on Saturday. I fixed the post.

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About 20-30 games, depending on how the Math Trade and Virtual Flea Market go.

I would think a small space would be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
25-30 games and a small space is fine.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small table here 30 games-ish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
About 30 games, small table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Around 25 games depending on math trade, but a medium table, please - these aren't pocket-sized games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Small table. A bunch of promos, expansions, and small games.

Thanks for doing this again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never sold at the flea market before! Let's see how this goes.

Probably 20ish games or so. A small table should be good. I hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Large table. 60+ large medium and large box games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Orr
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
I hunger!!!
badge
Galactus wants to know if you have been Naughty or Nice
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to sign up for a table. 50+ games. Euros / war games / all sizes.

Thanks again for doing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
25 games, small space, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a small last year and felt a little too cramped. Ended up making my own extension out of my storage boxes just to handle the overage.

Therefore, I'm requesting a medium this year. 25-30 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gnomish Mustard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Medium space please. Thanks for organizing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
About 15 games. Small space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pelfrey
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, thank you for running this again. I'll need a small space and will have a dozen or so games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Hermance
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
20-25 games, Small Space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
~60 games - medium space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Roberts
United States
Murfressboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmb
Silly question from a first timer.. What do the bags you can buy look like? Are they large tote bags we can recycle/dual purpose, or are they paper/plastic bags?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George J. Wendt
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
This is my dog, Pothier, but everyone calls him Potes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be selling around 15 - 20 games, so small space for me please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hsart wrote:
Silly question from a first timer.. What do the bags you can buy look like? Are they large tote bags we can recycle/dual purpose, or are they paper/plastic bags?

They are plastic shopping bags from the Aldie grocery store chain. They have a flat bottom and have handles. They are pretty sturdy. They are not HUGE but you can fit a few games DoW size boxes in them.

For my own use, I purchase the large tote style bags from Sam's, they run about $1.75 each and you have to buy them in packs of two. They are a rip-stop type of nylon with nylon handles. Those things are fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Silly
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
GeekStitch custom meeple orders available in time for Christmas - please GM!
mbmbmbmbmb
Medium table, about 50+ games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have!
badge
Ron Swanson!
mbmbmbmbmb
About 20 games medium space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.